Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rule of the Day - Choosing the Pole Position

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Rule of the Day - Choosing the Pole Position

OK...I'll start with the first "RotD"....

CCR 20.3.2 Choosing the pole
    The pole sitter does not have the option of choosing the pole, unless otherwise arranged with the Race Director. The Pole sitter side will by default, always go to the inside of the first turn, unless otherwise mandated or approved by the Race Director.

This one surprised me a bit because we ALWAYS give the pole sitter the option. As such, without prior arrangements with your series/race director, the default will be for pole sitter to be on the inside of T1.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: Rule of the Day - Choosing the Pole Position

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    OK...I'll start with the first "RotD"....

CCR 20.3.2 Choosing the pole
    The pole sitter does not have the option of choosing the pole, unless otherwise arranged with the Race Director. The Pole sitter side will by default, always go to the inside of the first turn, unless otherwise mandated or approved by the Race Director.

This one surprised me a bit because we ALWAYS give the pole sitter the option. As such, without prior arrangements with your series/race director, the default will be for pole sitter to be on the inside of T1.
    Cool ... does that mean James is DQed?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    there is a rule about protest's being filed w/in 30 minutes of the race end. look for that to be Rule of the Day for tomorrow.

Ooops....so David and I were flipped for R2 then right?!
    Or was that worked out with youse guys? David had told me in advance what he was going to do, but then I forgot whether he said inside or outside and so I just radiod to my son that I was going to line up where David *wasn't*.

Now, Now Glenn...let's not make RotD a rock throwing exercise. :lol:

I believe James worked out his pole position with the Series Directors and with his #2 guy.

Communication is key....without communication, go to the default. The expectation is that every driver after the Pole Position follows in left-right-left-right...each row doesn't get to pick their position.

There's been some confusion on this in the past. Want everyone to be clear.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    We had this discussion a few years ago because MSR-C is unique due to where we get the green on the rolling starts. Didn't the guys at Mid-Ohio get a choice?

Yes. I provided a pole position choice at Mid-Ohio. I believe most series do provide a choice to the polesitter. The rule is simply stating that without prior communications/agreement with the directors, then the default would be to go to the inside (and everyone fall in after).

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Funny guy that Mitch is...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    there is a rule about protest's being filed w/in 30 minutes of the race end. look for that to be Rule of the Day for tomorrow.
    That rule is bogus when they FINALLY post race results at 10:30pm and have no chance in hell to file a protest because you are asleep!

Sorry, found a grain of sand in my shorts from Nationals...
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Matt, that is management's way of of saying sit down and shut up.