Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallet Schedule & Logistics???

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

Hallet Schedule & Logistics???

Ok, less than a month away for the next round.

1) Will there be a Friday track day for Hallet? I've never seen the track and would like to run around up there before the start of Round5

2) Garages? How many are intending to get garages? what is the setup like? can 3 cars split a two garage bay? electricity available? garage setup, etc?

3) will there be a single 40 minute race on Sunday or will we (can we?) go back to the 4x20 event?
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    There typically is a TnT day on Friday before the weekend. Call the track and ask Scott what the plan is.

I have already snagged race port 17/18 for the weekend for $150. Call early to reserve a half ... 3 cars means 2 will park nose to tail. There is power and the showers don't get turned on until 6am.

I like the 40 minute races ... but I'm easy and will go along with everyone else.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Morgan -

1. Contact Hallett to see if they'll make the track available for Friday practice. They did in 2004, and 2005.

2. There is more than one type of garage at Hallett - an actual garage, that can accomodate one car, a large 4-6 car garage ( 2 of those, IIRC ), plus 6-8 car ports that can accomodate 4 cars ( 4 is tight, 2 is better ). ALL of the garages have 110vac, and lights. $150 for the entire garage, $75 for half, $37.50 for 1/4. Mitch has already gotten one....and so have I.

3. We have yet to discuss the race format with NASA. Our initial thoughts are to run the 4x20 schedule. The nicest thing about a 40min race on Sunday is how early we get out. However, weather could be tough this time of year in OK.

For me personally, I like the 40min races. However, I'm good with either format.

Twalk amoungst ya selves about the format.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    Morgan -

1. Contact Hallett to see if they'll make the track available for Friday practice. They did in 2004, and 2005.

2. There is more than one type of garage at Hallett - an actual garage, that can accomodate one car, a large 4-6 car garage ( 2 of those, IIRC ), plus 6-8 car ports that can accomodate 4 cars ( 4 is tight, 2 is better ). ALL of the garages have 110vac, and lights. $150 for the entire garage, $75 for half, $37.50 for 1/4. Mitch has already gotten one....and so have I.

3. We have yet to discuss the race format with NASA. Our initial thoughts are to run the 4x20 schedule. The nicest thing about a 40min race on Sunday is how early we get out. However, weather could be tough this time of year in OK.

For me personally, I like the 40min races. However, I'm good with either format.

Twalk amoungst ya selves about the format.
    Though I'm probably the biggest advocate of longer races, 40 min in the June heat at HMRC will be a BIG challenge.
    But do-able I suppose.

jb

Morgan -

C'mon AG, fearless leader, howzabout some help on this one? Can you get us a response/price from Hallett?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Alrightly then......

Here's the deal - it's VERY TENATIVE AT THIS TIME, but please read on:

1. HMRC has an event already scheduled that Friday. However, that group should be clearing out by ~4pm.

2. They are looking at doing a late evening deal for us - from about 5-8pm Friday. We'll have sunlight until nearly 9pm. This will allow us to travel there during the day Friday, and spend about 3 hours practicing.

3. Costs should come in around ~$40-$50 per.

4. Minimum of 15 cars ( I doubt that will be a problem! ).

Scott w/Hallett will know about 1-2 weeks prior to our event if it's a GO for the 16th. I'll keep you all posted.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Alrightly then......

Here's the deal - it's VERY TENATIVE AT THIS TIME, but please read on:

1. HMRC has an event already scheduled that Friday. However, that group should be clearing out by ~4pm.

2. They are looking at doing a late evening deal for us - from about 5-8pm Friday. We'll have sunlight until nearly 9pm. This will allow us to travel there during the day Friday, and spend about 3 hours practicing.

3. Costs should come in around ~$40-$50 per.

4. Minimum of 15 cars ( I doubt that will be a problem! ).

Scott w/Hallett will know about 1-2 weeks prior to our event if it's a GO for the 16th. I'll keep you all posted.
    Yee-f'n-haw!
    Count me in.

jb

Very nice deal, thanks AG!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Sweetness, I'll be in for the practice session.

Thanks for checking Adam!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    No doubt. good deal, Adam.

Do you think you could give Scott's phone number to the person who set's the pricing schedule at MSR-H?