Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBP at TWS going on this weekend

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

CBP at TWS going on this weekend

I think only Fords could attend. I know Rob, Chuck, Todd (and maybe Eric) were there. I don't know about the CMC2 drivers?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Jeremiah was going too.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL
    Jeremiah was going too.

I figured that. Just what I need.......Jeremiah getting practice. I wanted to go but have been under the weather this weekend.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Was fun. My car runs again.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I heard Jeremiah lost his motor on Sat.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Oh man ... I hate to hear that.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpoz27
    Was fun. My car runs again.
    Great news...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    Not so great news... this sux...

Great weekend...too many notes to take.
    I'm still dizzy from all the track time.
    4 run groups.
    I instructed groups 1 & 2...then gave rides in groups 3 & 4.
    No down time to speak of.
    My assigned students for the weekend were in a warmed up GT500 and a stock M5. (I still love showing folks what half the power can do!)

Great mechanical weekend for me...no offs...not even 2 wheels...never checked air pressure...never popped the hood...ran flawless all weekend...burned up a used-but-good set of RA1's.

Bad weekend mentally for me...lots of silly mistakes, boo boos, gotchas...couple police pullovers/warnings, forgot a gas cap/washed Liebbe's nose and removed any bugs he had, passed under yellow and went to my paddock after a black flag all. I knew better.

Off the top of my head, the AI/CMC family present and accounted for were:

Covini (tons of track time, gave over 15 rides, and a few who expressed interest in the series)

Varner (visited for a little track time)

Liebbe (gettin' faster all the time)

Penny (rec'd a ton of instruction, rides with Covini, Manor, Liebbe, Sharp, and then had many folks run with him. Look for Chuck to make a step-change in speed at the next event.)

MFW (loud motor bastard, swapping RA1's and 888's and getting back to back analysis so he can back up his tire bitchin' :-)

Jeremiah - (sportin' a shaved head and a blown motor. rod thru the pan early on Saturday. Bummer, and hope he can make in 3 weeks.)

Frank Robertson - (runnin' strong, getting ready for his enduro. MFW got some seat time and some comparisons to help with the effort.

David Love - (Great job of speaking at the driver's meeting on behalf of TWS track maintenance about off track excursions, recent history. Turned a smokin' 1:56.xxx in Misty's car.)

Misty - (Car runnin' good and ever-present, just never with Misty in it. This girl is the next up and coming race-control expert...2 radios and a lot of hustle!)

Chris Lyons - AI car's still waiting for a tranny but the AMG Mercedes did just fine, especially on the lunchtime oval laps with techno dance bass thumpin'! Great to see the Lemons Mustang getting some use as a trainee car!

Bud Sharp - Chris's former team-mate and track whore extraordinaire...Fox really workin' well, and man that guy has a bad-ass truck!

The Painters - Richard and his son were out getting some laps. Richard in his AI car and his son getting some experience in the Lemon.

John George - 2 time AI champ sounded great in the Chicane23 car. "Covini Corner" got the best of him and took off the splitter/nose after outrunning a Vette on Saturday. Nice job of making it an off/on, but still suffered a flat tire and a vaporized nose. Hope he can put it back together for the 45th Mustang Barber event in time!

Wayne Manor - CMC38 runnin' strong. Covini/Liebbe/Manor (and others) all exchanging cars and critiqueing driving styles and car setups. Wayne's one fast driver...I couldn't catch my own car with Wayne at the wheel and me in his....and he had a passenger!

David Armstrong - AIX champion, now Vette driver extraordinaire. Closing speeds from his car to our CMC cars on the front straight was downright INSANE. Now you don't see him....now you do.

Gary Hood - Dude....if it weren't for bad luck, he wouldn't have any this week. He can elaborate, but I've never met anyone who broke on the lunchtime parade lap....after a week of other mech. thrashes. It can only get better from here! Rearend, carb, caliper pin, caliper bracket, etc. etc.

Joe Johnson - Had the Cobra R' out for another event. More motor and maybe a bit louder than MFW. Great to see Joe again.

I'm sure I'm missing a few folks but it was a great, low key weekend! Wish you guys were there...it's not just for Ford guys, anymore!
    Some serious machinery out there...twin turbo Saleen...supercharged ACR Viper...Nissan GTR...Holden Monaro...etc. etc

-=- Todd

you are all safe....for April! We were running CW all weekend....so no cheatin' bastich practice.

I will say this much, two weekends in a row testing R888's and RA1's back to back was tiring and VERY disappointing. Worst part is the DAQ didn't record anything all weekend. :evil: damn wrong type SD card stuff I guess. Either way I can tell you that the RA1's were easily 2 seconds faster...especially after 4 laps.

Anyway, fun weekend....just needed more beer!
    Ah, fugg it.