I have worked for TXU for 24 years the 15th of this month. I love my job, I'm good at it and want to retire from TXU.

But that changed Thursday. I don't think I will see retirement age with TXU.

TXU "outsourced" a significant chunk of the workforce. 2 years ago, they outsourced HR, procurement and IT to CapGemeni. Thursday, they outsourced admin/clerical, maintenance services, a huge portion of engineering, QC, procurement and project management to Shaw.

TXU wants my loyalty to the company ... to do my very best to amke the plant where I work and the company that owns it a world leader. Yet their loyalty is the bottom line.

Their focus is no longer on company assets, rather the shareholder's assets.

I am very torn about this. Not only about my future and what will I do after TXU, but the personal stake I've given this "family". I've had to deal with a lot of death in my family this past year and this feels like an extension of that.

Everything I had worked toward, dreamed about and, yes, counted one, is all of sudden an aparition.

I hate the fact that US business is now ALL about the money and noting about how it gets there.

I was brought up believing in a few simple values. One of them was dance with the one that brought you. I've done that, but feel left at the alter.

thanks for the rant ...