Thread: 2009 CCR Update - 15.6.21

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2009 CCR Update - 15.6.21

i dont fully understand its intent yet. working on getting an explanation. i do not rear this as a right side restraint issue.

Blog Entries
    old rule:
    15.6.21 Head Restraint
    A head restraint must be used to help prevent whiplash. The head restraint should have
    a minimum area of thirty-six (36) square inches and be padded with a non-resilient
    material such as Ethafoam or Ensolite with a minimum thickness of one (1) inch. It is
    recommended that padding meeting SFI specification 45.2 be used.

new rule:
    15.6.21 Head Restraint Support-Rear
    This section applies to seats without an integral headrest. A head restraint must be
    used to help prevent whiplash. The head restraint should have a minimum area of thirtysix
    (36) square inches and be padded with a non-resilient material such as Ethafoam or
    Ensolite with a minimum thickness of one (1) inch. It is recommended that padding
    meeting SFI specification 45.2 be used.

Blog Entries
    from Jerry Kunzman:

Glenn,
    You are correct. It's the rear headrest. And this rule is for non-integral headrests. Seats with headrests built in are ok to use as the manufacture suggests. However, we always recommend adding more padding where prudent, of course.

Jerry

i dont think this affects anyone in our group. right?

Shouldnt....I dont remember any seats that did not have factory headrests when doing annuals this year, but I could be wrong.
    Al Fernandez