Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Houston area speed freaks!!!

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Calling all Houston area speed freaks!!!

You know, there are quite a few of us in the Houston area. As I search through all these posts I'm amazed at the opportunities that we're missing out on with our "brothers in nomex".

For example....NickV (trailer tires).....Alien (transmission work).....etc, etc. These are all things I personally could have helped with if not a couple others. Has anyone ever thought of having a NASA night were we all meet somewhere and get to know each other better and what we do? I think it would be a blast. Especially in these economic times (so the boob tube says :shock: ) we need to stick together......plus it's a fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer

Thoughts???????

I'm sure someone has tried this before....just see alot of missed opportunities and I like to help when I can. 8)
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    This friday night on the west side of El Paso....
    Mosty Brothers' Racing
    #22 CMC2
    I have groupies...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Re: Calling all Houston area speed freaks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350
    You know, there are quite a few of us in the Houston area. As I search through all these posts I'm amazed at the opportunities that we're missing out on with our "brothers in nomex".

For example....NickV (trailer tires).....Alien (transmission work).....etc, etc. These are all things I personally could have helped with if not a couple others. Has anyone ever thought of having a NASA night were we all meet somewhere and get to know each other better and what we do? I think it would be a blast. Especially in these economic times (so the boob tube says :shock: ) we need to stick together......plus it's a fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer

Thoughts???????

I'm sure someone has tried this before....just see alot of missed opportunities and I like to help when I can. 8)
    Thoughts??? I'm thinking.... STEP AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD AND GET THE CAR FINISHED!!!!! race weekends are a "fantastic excuse to get out of the house and maybe drink some beer

do you need any help??? I've been spending lots of time down south Houston cleaning out my dad's house so if you need me to run by and help some evening, just let me know...

281-414-1738

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    David,
    do you know how to pin stripe?

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gunter
    This friday night on the west side of El Paso....
    How about Cloudcroft?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: Calling all Houston area speed freaks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350
    Thoughts???????
    Something I think goes unnoticed is the fact that me and Glenn and Mike and James and Nick and Chuck B. and Louis G. and Mike S. and Kevin T. have been a close knit group of friends who have been to all of these tracks and driving a 4th gen F-Car.

We have all worked on each other's cars, we've shared findings and "secrets" with each other and we have been doing all this for 10 years.

So it's not the platform ... it's the information.

We even have a forum site dedicated to making an F-Car handle through the cones and on courses. The discussions are open, honest informative.

I know the Ford guys have Corner Carvers. But the topics of discussion seems to be more about ass-clowns, search engines and predicting the end of the world than helping a newb learn.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    David,
    do you know how to pin stripe?

jb
    nope... but my neighbor Ronnie does.. found a brand new air brush and leatherworking tools in my dads house so I gave them to him in trade for some stripes for my car..

wacha need???

Sounds to me like we need to have a party at Robs place
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Funny, I was just going to suggest your place.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    That's close enough for me that I might even be able to drive back home the same night. :wink:

Bench racing sounds pretty good right now since the racecar needs a new rearend and tires to be anywhere close to being ready to race ($$$).
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing