Thread: WTB--3rd or 4th gen rear end.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar

WTB--3rd or 4th gen rear end.

Need something with which to finish out the season, preferrably with a working posi. Gears aren't as big of an issue at this point. Reasonably priced would be another good quality. :wink:
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Re: WTB--3rd or 4th gen rear end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood
    Need something with which to finish out the season, preferrably with a working posi. Gears aren't as big of an issue at this point. Reasonably priced would be another good quality. :wink:
    Gary,
    if it comes down to it, we have a Borg-Warner rear we yanked out of our GTA. I could bring it to Hallett. The posi is not working correctly though. If you want it, we could bring it.

-erik

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    I have two of those exact same rearends. One has welded spider gears and a howling pinion bearing, the other has a worn out posi and a noisy pinion bearing. How's the pinion bearing in yours? BTW, how much did you want for it?
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hood
    I have two of those exact same rearends. One has welded spider gears and a howling pinion bearing, the other has a worn out posi and a noisy pinion bearing. How's the pinion bearing in yours? BTW, how much did you want for it?
    I'll have to ask our mechanic what his assesment of the pinion gear was, but it wasn't noisy. We just wanted a backend with a working posi.

Lemme figure out a price