Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford 4.6 FS on craigslist

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    Just out of curiosity, what are you going to do with a 2006 Mustang otor David?
    CMC2 in my future... maybe

the 27 car needs more hp, coilovers, bigger brakes, 5 speed, and more just to stay on the same lap as the other AI cars...

BTW I bought the 2000 motor with @ 50K on it... and the tremec tranny... as far as I know the 2006 motor is still available

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

the 27 car needs more hp, coilovers, bigger brakes, 5 speed, and more just to stay on the same lap as the other AI cars...
    David...with all the talk about a Mustang SS being a bastard in AI....why don't we build you a "Camaro GT"...?

Just my mind drifting a little bit.
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97

David...with all the talk about a Mustang SS being a bastard in AI....why don't we build you a "Camaro GT"...?

Can you tell me the weight diff between the two motors... this 4.6 seems very heavy

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97

now that sounds very cool...

-chris

Can you tell me the weight diff between the two motors... this 4.6 seems very heavy
    You need a block from a 94 to 98 lincoln Mark 8 or 96 to 98 cobra. It would weigh 85 lbs less than the iron block and if built right, could handle 900hp pretty easily. Issue is it gets expensive.

If I remember correctly, the iron 2V mod 4.6 weighs about 40lbs more than a 302 with iron heads. I have no idea what an older SBC weighs in comparison. If you had a 4V motor....I have a set of heads at the house....you could get a wilson manifold for a standard holley carb and there is a computer available for hotrods to put a carb'd 4.6 4V in whatever you want.

What I suggest though is that you and Boudreaux get together as he has a 2000 GT shell that looks like my car and needs a driveline....just like you have!!!
    Ah, fugg it.