Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASA Tech

NASA Tech

I was one of the drivers caught without NOMEX socks last event, fined $50. Expensive socks, or lack of them.

Now I read over on the Spec7 website at the same event all but one of their drivers were caught without NOMEX socks and were given a warning instead of a fine.

Something else from the race. After we had to go to impound and everyone, but Mark, got a warning about not having nomex socks on. Yes we are required to have them on but didnt. Tech. said they will be checking for safety equipment and the cars for violations. We told them that we only care about race enhancements rules and not door panels,wiper bottles, ect.. So just be warned.
    I have that "happy to be here" feeling all over again. :evil:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Mike,
    I wish I would have known that you didn't have socks... I though I lost mine after the March event, so I bought a new pair, only to find my old set in my shoes... ohh well.

Regarding your situation, I would be calling Shannon and basically saying "WTF???" 50 bones is still 50 bones.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

I found my pair in my kit right after I got the penalty, but thanks for the offer to help.

I got no beef with getting fined, I was not compliant and accepted the penalty but to hear that others were found without them at the same event and NOT fined just doesn't sit too well with me.

Life goes on.

Someone must have needed beer money, that is all I can say and not get into trouble!
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Those that were fined at the MSR-H event for failure to wear Nomex socks, please contact me offline to discuss.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Off line?

The appearance of impropriety is just as bad as the real thing.

Be public or contact HIM off-line so it's secret squirrel stuff.

Funny how "it is what it is" ... most of the time

:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    Those that were fined at the MSR-H event for failure to wear Nomex socks, please contact me offline to discuss.
    Email sent.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i wonder how long i should keep my thoughts in a word doc before i post them over here?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    i wonder how long i should keep my thoughts in a word doc before i post them over here?
    Don't waste your time.....spend some time with the family instead! :wink:

Guys,

Let's give AG some latitude and time to work with NASA TX on this topic. It quite possibly could have been a miscommunication or something simple rather than an evil plot to lighten a few wallets.

I appreciate Adam's willingness to got to bat for us with NASATX on this issue and I'd hate to mess up an opportunity to get our fifty bucks back!