Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECR Update Puhleaze...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

ECR Update Puhleaze...

No live timing...
    No Speedcast...
    No results...

Wishing I was there...help a brother out and let us know what's happenin'!

There were broken cars that got put on trailers, broken cars that got fixed and some cars didnt break at all!

Costas
    cars and such...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Adrians facebook says she's "cold/wet"

Jb

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I think I'm channeling Adam G. -- Lots if spins today. Going to soften the rear tomorrow to see if I can get it to sick better.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    The highlights (and lowlights) that I'm aware of...

Frank R. lost his motor during Friday practice day. Jeremy G. got his second CMC-2 win in R1 Saturday. Michael lost a muffler while in the lead during R1 Saturday and got the meatball flag. Rob and Glenn fought for the CMC win. I believe Rob edged Glenn out for the R1 win. During the R2 invert, Michael had CMC pole and Glenn edged him out on lap #2. Michael fought to regain the lead, only to spin on the last corner of the last lap after having to put 2-off due to Glenn squeezing the line down in a defensive move. Jay Jordan almost pulled off his first win in R2 only to lockup the brakes and having some minor tire/tire contact with James proctor going into the last hairpin. James was the victor, as Jay gave the win to James. The new "Team Jordan" '03 Mustang received it's first "booboo". Nothing a few zip ties and some pounding can't take care of. Team DownUnder went uncontested in AI as the only entry. AIX is populated by Robert King, Misty Cain, and David Love and had some good racing as well. Misty is running for a free set of Hoosiers.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Just a few additions to what Marshall said;

Seemed like alot of guys were talking brakes. Al chewed up a set of front pads and I think popped a piston out of a caliper and did not make either race. Some long pedals and hurt disks on some other cars. The Loves had something go wrong in the trans in R1, and Nick V had a spare at the track. They were able to pull off a swap and make R2. I think Mr Costas had a hand in making tha happen, probably some other as well. I didn't see it all. Very cool I thought.

The food on Saturday night was, as you would expect, amazing! So much good stuff. Seemed like alot of folks were involved, so I will not try to name names, but thank you all! The rain started right after the racing, so folks dragged about 5 or 6 canopies and put them all together to make a tent city. Good times and some fun stories. I hope the weather goes easy on everyone Sunday.

Junior Member Rookie

Thank You

I'm Ken Caudle, ala crazyAMC, and I want to thank everybody for talking and welcoming me at ECR yesterday..Glenn, Matt, Misty, Al, Rob, and many others that I cannot remember your names, sorry!! Please be patient with me on names..Great racing, well run and organized, {seemed to be to me , anyway,} but most important of all, FUN and FRIENDLY!! Yes, I going to build an all AMC AI car..you know the story, "Why climb the mountain when you can have a helicopter drop you off at the summitt? for less money?" It's the challenge!! Looking forward to all of it and getting to know all of ya'll better. Thanks again, Ken

Welcome, Ken! That's what it's all about...you summed it up.
    I'll see you at a future event.

Hmmm...will have to talk to Mr. Fernandez. Quite suprised that his "indestructible brake setup" failed him and caused a couple DNS's.

Maybe we need to rethink that setup.... :wink:
    <>

-=- Todd

PS- Thanks for the updates guys....Liebbe givin' the National Champion a run for his money, huh!?!?! (Shoulda had that Texas flag car at the Championships.)

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Just to clearify what Marshall said: Glenn didn't squeeze me down in R2, I just ran out of talent. :lol:
    I was trying any line I could to get by Glenn and on the last turn of the last lap I went down to 2nd gear exiting T11 and had a great run on Glenn. I grabbed third just as I was making the turn and the car let loose. If it had stuck it would have been a great drag race down the straight towards the checker.

Glenn ran a flawless weekend, and if calculations are correct, overcame my 17 point lead to take 2nd place in season points. Awesome driving Glenn, we'll do it again next year!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

One word: INSANE!! :twisted: :twisted:

Practice: Jay was a little upset about being 10 sec off pace..

Qual: faster

R1: looked quick but lost it in 3/4, Came back and ran some clean smooth laps, Came off track on white flag lap... I ran all the way down the hill (I gotta quit smoking) Find jason with head in hands and first thing out of his mouth was "sorry", "for what?" "l Broke the transmission"... Crap! new tranny at the house, aquire transmission, (more details later). R&R tranny with damn near an hour to spare :shock: :shock: too many people to thank...

R2 I drive, Jason had lost confidence Its really too bad cuz he was doing a great job. After spinning 3 or 4 times, one backing the car into a dirt wall... it was time for eats...

Family gathering: Ate, took a nap, got up after everybody was good and drunk, joined in on the partaking rum and fun, lost Jason, found Jason... again, too many people to thank...

Sunday
    It rained all night and all day, full set of wets, AT THE F*NG HOUSE

Qual: For WHAT?? rainin and I'm on slicks :shock: besides I only had 8 gal of gas for the rest of the day

R3 Would have made Adam proud... too many spins to count
    R4 more of the same Start P2... not for long,
    Loaded up... home by 9:30 :shock:
    Did I say INSANE?!? IS IT OVER YET??