Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houston Caravan to Hallett?

Houston Caravan to Hallett?

Wondering when most folks are leaving the Houston area and wanted to see if we could Caravan up if possible? I'm flex, can leave Thursday after work or Friday AM - whatever works out. I'm hoping to arrive at Hallett with enough time to get some late afternoon practice on Friday if that deal is still available to us. Anyone else? Richard? Varner? LiiR?

CMC17
    My plan is to leave between 6:30-7:00am Friday morning. I figure 7-8hr drive @ 70+mph?

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Just FYI, I talked to Scott (Hallett) this morning and he said there will be a test session Friday night, $40, for 2 hours.
    Too bad I already forgot what time he said. ops: Either 5-7 or 6-8.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Chris and I are planning on leaving (from the far South side of Houston) Thursday afternoon before rush hour traffic. That will put us into Dallas after rush hour traffic there where we are going to stay with his brother for the night. We'll take off from there mid morning to put us at the track in plenty of time to get set up and be ready for the Friday practice session.

Richard Pedersen
    #91 LX 5.0

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    Chris and I are planning on leaving (from the far South side of Houston) Thursday afternoon before rush hour traffic. That will put us into Dallas after rush hour traffic there where we are going to stay with his brother for the night. We'll take off from there mid morning to put us at the track in plenty of time to get set up and be ready for the Friday practice session.

Richard Pedersen
    #91 LX 5.0
    Richard, I think JG and I are leaving Plano/Frisco around 9am Friday morning...haven't figured out the full details yet but along those lines....bigger caravan?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    If anyone's interested in leaving the Frisco/McKinney area in the early afternoon, contact me. (I'm only taking a half day off, 'cause that's all the vacation time I've accrued at the new job!)

-- Robert
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Matt,
    Keep me posted and I might tag along w/ the caravan also.
    Depending on the tow-speeds I might not be able to keep up. My CMC rental-truck won't have as much power as your mighty AI trucks. :lol:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

I may try and make the DFW area on Thursday night, crash somewhere and hook up with the main caravan across the Red River then. Anyone have a suggestion for where I should stop and spend the night so that I'll be in a convenient place to pick up the parade on Friday morning?

I'm guessing somewhere along 75 maybe, like Plano/Allen/McKinney area?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Well, instead of hijacking this thread....any more! I will start a DFW departure/meet up thread later today.

Thinking about meeting up in Mckinney near 121/75 interchange or Allen at the outlet malls around 9am....someplace where 5 or 6 trucks/trailers can convene!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    I may try and make the DFW area on Thursday night, crash somewhere and hook up with the main caravan across the Red River then. Anyone have a suggestion for where I should stop and spend the night so that I'll be in a convenient place to pick up the parade on Friday morning?

I'm guessing somewhere along 75 maybe, like Plano/Allen/McKinney area?
    you can crash at my place, pending spousal approval (pretty likely.) I'm 3 miles West of Hwy 75.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42