Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is running AI and AIX in 2010...?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Matt, Just and what if...

What if we want to do an awards for Fastest Lap of the weekend and an award for the First race on Saturday and Sunday...

But, we can't get someone to commit that large...

We could so something like:

Round 1 = Vendor A
    Round 2 = Vendor B
    Round 3 = Vendor C
    Round 4 = Vendor A
    Etc....

just a thought...
    DD

Matt, or whoever you are :lol: :wink: , I appreciate your thoughts and efforts. Its not entirely correct that I'm too busy on CMC stuff since AI really is taking a substantial amount of the time I can dedicate to racing...but its all on the admin side to keep the show running and not on the contingency side you're reaching out to. Thanks for volunteering to make some things happen on this side!!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    Matt, or whoever you are :lol: :wink: , I appreciate your thoughts and efforts. Its not entirely correct that I'm too busy on CMC stuff since AI really is taking a substantial amount of the time I can dedicate to racing...but its all on the admin side to keep the show running and not on the contingency side you're reaching out to. Thanks for volunteering to make some things happen on this side!!
    I guess you hadn't heard....we voted you out as regional AI director. Guess we forgot to tell you. :lol:

We'll handle it but don't leave us out of the loop on that admin stuff as it certainly involves us as racers/customers... I tend to agree that the way the AI rules cluster has been handled was poor at best. I'll hold onto the "still waiting" jokes for next friday when we still don't have them.

David, I'm in Abilene for work till thursday. I hope to be around the house all weekend for the first time in a month or more and will put together a "matrix" of sorts for each event and maybe a unique prize for each track so it's not the same boring presentation each time. You and I can mull it over and start thinking of which shops to ping for opportunities. We can probably pull Patterson into the thought process too as it appears he has some connections as well. One thing I am really going to be big on is using a "weekend points" award. I'd really like to see weekend trophies awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd for total points scored in teh weekend instead of the POS plastic medals we always forget to pickup or could care less about having 900 of them in the desk drawer. Real trophies with event names and something to be proud of in the trophy room. Sort of setting the example for all other classes. Honestly, I'd rather see my $20 "fee" at the beginning of the year fund trophies rather than a banquet, then fund the banquet separately at the end of the year. Yes it increases costs slightly, but REAL trophies/plaques would be SO DAMN COOL!!!

Between the three of us, PST and a few of the other shops around the DFW, Houston and Austin areas, I am sure we can scare up some good stuff. would like to start hitting the phones hard December 1st so we have a good 60 days before the first event to get things ironed out and on track.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    Happy to be involved for the awards thing - whether it be points based, contingency, or humor.

Bring back the manties...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z

Bring back the manties...
    YES!!!!!
    Buy a value pack, we will need them for Hallett. :twisted:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    I'll be running in AI for 2010 as soon as I get my license and everything all ready to go. Planning to make all the events.
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

Sorry guys, making a bunch of changes to the car so I can run A sedan from here on out.
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Re: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml
    Sorry guys, making a bunch of changes to the car so I can run A sedan from here on out.
    I know, right... I've been checking it out... what happened to Dickey and the rest?? No mention in the stats

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

Re: 1

Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml
    Just saying that proves you're full of shit.

Member Rookie
    What if Nasa set up a program that had a bunch of info that we could take to sponsors to show what everything is about. With Nasa's help on a national level they could probably drum up a pretty attractive portfolio that might attract some more of these perspective sponsor's. We as racers could do the leg work and Nasa could supply the portfolio. Let some of these sponsors know we work as a group and what better way to get the word out. Worth a try :?:
    2009 Nationals. I was robbed