Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: getting ra1s

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    GREAT JOB AL... I know everyone appreciates the hard work... overworked and underpaid for sure...

Senior Member Grass-Passer jeremiahkellam's Avatar
    I need 275/40/17's
    2010 CMC2 National Champion
    2010 Texas CMC2 Champion
    2010 Summer Shootout Champion - CMC2
    Call it what you want... But that sounds like a Triple Crown to me!!
    http://www.gagemotorsports.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I'm good for Houston and will miss Cresson but want (may need) a set for TWS.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    I need a set of 255/40/17's. Guess I'll be the only car in the deuce on weee little tires. Hell, I'm not even sure the 255's will fit on the front!
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

I have some information regarding RA1s I thought you'd be interested in:

- Toyo will begin accepting orders from dealers for the RA1s and shipping them tires on Jan 4th (well, Jan 1st technically, but they arent open until the 4th...)
    - There are plenty of 16" 255 and 17" 275 tires on a boat as you read this, so there will be plenty available for dealers to fill orders immediately
    - Considering time for your dealer to get the tires, shave them, and send them to you, expect delivery to driver's homes to begin around the 19th of Jan.

In other words, its going to be a little tight, but there will be tires before any of us are on track. No need to try to prioritize shipments or anything like that it would appear.

Regarding expiring Toyo bucks, I know Appalachian Tire will accept your order and cash in your Toyo bucks right now and deliver when the tires get here. I know other dealers will make similar arrangements. You should give Tommy Schlender from the rockies a call as well given he's a fellow AI racer as well as a Toyo dealer and he's always willing to do whatever he can to help fellow racers out.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Great news Al, thanks for your help with this!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar
    Does Tommy's shop do shaving? If so does anyone have any experience and why is the contact info? FMR

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra132
    Does Tommy's shop do shaving? If so does anyone have any experience and why is the contact info? FMR
    I chatted with Tommy via email... yes, he shaves tires for the RM region.. he had some at Nationals and I should have bought them then..

Look him up on the memberlist and shoot him a PM..

I hope to have a "shaver" before year end, so if you find good price on RA1s from a supplier that doesn't shave them, check with me @ the beginning of the year. You could have tire shipped direct to me and then send me your rims or I plan to have a set of different size rims that are trued at a machine shop so I can run a dial indicator when mounted to the shaver...

ps I'm looking for a GOOD machine shop to "true" three or four rims. not looking for the cheapest, looking for the best..

Using up 888s

I can't believe we aren't allowed to run out the 888s bought on good faith. "RA-1 only" was a pretty draconian, and costly, rule change.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    run what you have till its gone Greg.