Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Year End / Hallett Video

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

2010 Year End / Hallett Video

I know it's January, which means cars are in winter prep for a fast approaching season.

Wouldn't it be cool to have some pictures of

- Francis trying to change valve springs
    - Wirtz opening a new package of Zymol
    - Mitch installing that (soon to be illegal) Mo PAH! exhaust

for the 2010 year end video?

I mean, can it really be just about the racing or should we also explore the deep, meaningful relationships between man and machine as they work in tandem to extract the last quintilla of performance in their ballet of precision driving.

I digress; take pictures or have somebody take pictures of you working on the car. Somebody bring a camera to the dyno days. Ask for a camera and mount for Christmaschanakwanza to record your exploits for yourself and the rest of us.

So the year end video is a given. For some yet to be determined reason, I told Al and Glenn (alphabetical, not importance) I would be willing to help with the year end video. I'm hoping Eric will be kind enough to critique if he doesn't have the full burden of production.

** I have no desire to monopolize if you want in this gig too. **

Knowing that the finished product begins with video and photos, it's never too early to be thinking about it.

For 2010 add to your New Year's Resolutions:

- I want to race and have fun, or vice versa
    - I want to be in the 2010/Hallett video(s)
    - I want to have video of those "other" fools

So, about Hallett. Since for many of us it WILL be the biggest race of the year, is there interest in a Hallett specific video? We can wrangle video/photos from the rest of the AI/CMC bunch, but if we want to do that, let's tell them now. Besides, I want to spoof on the SM and California guys... all in good taste of course.

You in, out or on the fence?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    glad to see you get involved.
    i'm in. even if my car will not be at the track, i'll be randomly sticking my Go Pro on cars all weekend.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    The 2010 Hallett event has the potential of being the largest AI/CMC event ever held ANYWHERE in the USA. Personally, I would LOVE to see National get involved with some PROFESSIONAL video crews to develop a video to market AI/CMC to the masses. Maybe SpeedcastTV, maybe BIGGER!!!

Not knocking ANY of the guys in our region that have put forth effort before as they all kick ass....just looking at a bigger picture to take advantage of the premier event to promote Grassroots AI/CMC racing and grow the series with a fresh new promotional material.....shameless self promotion will be a byproduct!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I was thinking someone should try to get GRM to come out and cover Hallett also.

Re: 2010 Year End / Hallett Video

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    I know it's January, which means cars are in winter prep for a fast approaching season.

I mean, can it really be just about the racing or should we also explore the deep, meaningful relationships between man and machine

Knowing that the finished product begins with video and photos, it's never too early to be thinking about it.

You in, out or on the fence?
    DAVE... just cuz you have your GRM calendar in hand, doesn't mean 2009 is over... December is just starting, dude....

my new racer is finished and so here is your first vid: "LiiR prepared for 2010"

http://www.vimeo.com/7908581

watch for me at a regata in Kemah...

I will fit right in with the sailing crowd you see the guy behind blocks the wind from the lead boat's sails causing it to slow down...

I'm not "on the fence", I'm over the damn thing and running like hell...

Re: 2010 Year End / Hallett Video

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27

http://www.vimeo.com/7908581

watch for me at a regata in Kemah...

I will fit right in with the sailing crowd you see the guy behind blocks the wind from the lead boat's sails causing it to slow down...
    Only on a downwind run sir...and the leward boat has the right away and CAN round the windward boat up into the wind, especially if on a starboard tack.

Suffice to say, I can bring the PAIN on land and SEA!!! :twisted:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    David Love - The ADD King.

What would be really cool is to tow the sailboat to the track with the #27 car and sell race products out of it!!
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    David Love - The ADD King.

What would be really cool is to tow the sailboat to the track with the #27 car and sell race products out of it!!
    I say hook up the boat to the bus and pull BL on a heavy duty metal trash can lid behind the boat in the TWS padock... think of the sparks!!!!!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    The 2010 Hallett event has the potential of being the largest AI/CMC event ever held ANYWHERE in the USA. Personally, I would LOVE to see National get involved with some PROFESSIONAL video crews to develop a video to market AI/CMC to the masses. Maybe SpeedcastTV, maybe BIGGER!!!
    If anyone is SERIOUS about shooting professional video of this, PM me NOW. My sister is a producer and is always looking for the next project. She and I have talked about this before and she's interested in doing something along the lines of a documentary -- something that could actually be sold.

Al, Todd, you guys listening? This could really be good for the Texas region...
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Texas hell..... the National NASA community as a whole, even if only done regionally.

i would love to see something like this happen.