Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Event #1 - MSR-H

Considering how it ended I still enjoyed the weekend a lot.

I am going to focus on eventually making it out of T1 in the same position I start the race in! God may have parted the red sea but Al, Michael, Jeremiah and a few others parted the AI anti-vortex I created for them nicely on R1 start (seriously - I've done launches hundreds of times and never spun that bad!). And yes, my goal is no off-track excursions at Cresson.

The two goals I had for the weekend were to get Kyri some serious seat time in the car (check! he had a blast and made great improvement each sesson - he really enjoys hanging around you guys so thanks for making him feel welcome!) and to get Clifton enough time in the car in different settings to get a baseline on the car for comparison (check! We have our list - damn February is a short month - but we'll Git 'er done!)

It was a weekend of firsts!
    • First time towing the car to MSR-Houston instead of driving it there.
      First suspension failure - I still think Clifton running a 1:52 with no right front strut is amazing :shock: Maybe it was the -10 degrees of camber that helped :roll:
      First time NOT getting a ticket on the way back - my positive nature sees that as having saved $200 for suspension fix
      First time having a teammate - BlueFire Racing is on the move - uhmmm, once we get the car fixed ops:
      First time Kyri has run two days straight - huge + for his progression
      First DNF - doh!
      First time seeing Blue Collar Comedy in person - all new material....Larry's bits on Al Gore/Global warming, Ford vs Dodge and Hillary Clinton were great!)
      First time I missed Saturday night - I think we need a Friday night AND Saturday night at Cresson so I can make that up

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Excellent Weekend!!!

I definately learned alot and you guys reconfirmed what a great group AI/CMC is... perfect example -- 10min after winning R3, Michael was under my car helping me drop my fuel tank! Without his help and Frank's parts bin I would have missed R4 for sure.

I also learned I need to add some blue to my paint scheme; Dave Francis was blazing fast in those new colors! I've got 30hp on him and could barely keep up. I finally managed some 48s on Sunday and I was still 3 seconds off the CMC2 leaders' pace... you guys are crazy fast!

For anyone that missed my last lap battle with Jay in R1, the outcome explains how tight the racing was:

Total Time:
    Jordan - 21:32.093
    Me - 21:32.096
    :shock:

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/NASA-MS...78438643_BH5u9

http://cafephoto.smugmug.com/NASA-MS...78438605_t4MyF

See ya'll at Cresson!
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFirePony
    First suspension failure - I still think Clifton running a 1:52 with no right front strut is amazing :shock: Maybe it was the -10 degrees of camber that helped :roll:
    I think I caught it on video, I remember seeing the RF flopping around at one point. Will try to make time to edit through all the video soon.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z
    Do not use those results from R1 for Toyo Bucks. I'll corect a copy i have and link it to the site.
    Working on getting a new corrected upload to My Laps. Thanks to Mrs Patterson and Corn.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Should be corrected. The finish is not a DQ even thought its posted on the results that way. It was the only way to "fix" it today. We will work harder at correcting results prior to calling them "official".

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I talked to Michael througout the weekend to check on how things were going and as he was driving home he said that several asked where I was and how the car rebuild was going...

Now I have a fire lit under my ass and Michael and I are going to have a few weekend thrash sessions to get the car back together so I can make Cresson. I miss the driver's seat too much and this 9 month hiatus is just too long.

See you fools at MSR-C!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    I talked to Michael througout the weekend to check on how things were going and as he was driving home he said that several asked where I was and how the car rebuild was going...

Now I have a fire lit under my ass and Michael and I are going to have a few weekend thrash sessions to get the car back together so I can make Cresson. I miss the driver's seat too much and this 9 month hiatus is just too long.

See you fools at MSR-C!!

Good news Marshall!

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty

See you fools at MSR-C!!
    I feel you brother... just like you, I spent alot of time setting up a car for my son... LOL... Time to get back to racing...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    On old (5 1/2 event) R888's for Saturday and old (5 1/2 event) RA1's for Sunday, I still managed to better my laptimes from last year.

My trick? Find a rabbit to chase! I had a blast the weekend!
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien
    My trick? Find a rabbit to chase!
    I'm your Huckleberry!!