View Poll Results: How would you prefer to use one extra session at Hallet or ECR?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inverted points race, just like it was supposed to be at MSR-C

6 26.09%
  • Serious race, but no points

1 4.35%
  • Test and tune time

1 4.35%
  • A race, but make it fun and goofy like an inverted lemans finish...exact format TBD

14 60.87%
  • I was at MSRC, just give me a partial refund and we'll call it even

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make up track session

Hybrid View

Make up track session

We are in a good position to get NASA Tx to give us an extra session at Hallett or ECR due to having lost the last race at MSR-C. Its not guaranteed, but Patterson is going to be taking up the cause and I believe he will succeed.

The questions is...how do we use that time? I can think of many options, each with good and bad aspects. We need to hear from you! How do we use an extra session, have fun, and not screw someone who isnt able to make the event with the extra session?
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Whatever it is, I vote for it being at Hallet!
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    My inital thought is to be fair to those at MSR-C that might not be at Hallett, NASA should offer up an entry fee discount to those that lost a race on whatever their next entry is. To be honest I could use a bit of a smaller hit to the ol wallet.

Personally, I'm ok with the season ending race tally being one less than initally planned. That chance does not effect the numb er of drops you would get this year if I did my math right.

AND; no matter how it plays, thanks to NASA and anyone here that is working with them to offer up anything for the racers.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I talked to Mike about this last week and he ask if I thought the make-up race should be for everyone or just those that lost the race at Cresson. I told Mike that I thought everyone should be allowed to run but I have changed my mind. This make-up race should be a full points race as it should have been with just those that missed out at MSRC. The only issue would be if someone that was at Cresson does not make the Hallett event. I bet that is not a problem and everyone that was at MSRC will be at Hallett.

JJ

Thinking on it a bit more; if we got an extra session at some event; how would it work. Someone at that event that was not at MSR-C has to sit it out? Could be goofy at Hallett where we have some many others from out of region....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirtz
    Thinking on it a bit more; if we got an extra session at some event; how would it work. Someone at that event that was not at MSR-C has to sit it out? Could be goofy at Hallett where we have some many others from out of region....
    Jeff,

I don't see how it would be a problem to the other out of town racers since they would still be paying for and getting four races. I also have no problem with a discount instead but I would rather have the track time I lost. I could care less what event we do it at Hallett or TWS or ECR.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Like Wirtz said, at least the # of drops will be the same if we get a make-up race or if we don't. Even if we don't get a make-up race, the 4th race at TWS in April will still give us the same # of races as last year making it 5 drops at the end of the year.
    It would be cool if we got an extra race at Hallett. How kick ass would it be for the talk around the nation to be that the Hallett event would have 5 races!!! That is just a bonus for the out-of-towners.

My vote would be for a random draw from the hat. Put 10 scenarios in and see what we get. Car number, age, height, weight, coolest cowboy outfit, etc. :lol:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I am okay with not having it, but if we have it, I vote for a random draw of some sort like Michael suggested and probably not for points either.

Hallett would be cool to have an extra race also.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    How kick ass would it be for the talk around the nation to be that the Hallett event would have 5 races!!! That is just a bonus for the out-of-towners.
    I think that needs to be clarified as to the intent. My assumption is that the extra was just for the ones at MSR-C. Not everyone entered at Hallett. Maybe I'm wrong.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    If it is for everyone that shows at Hallet, how about just call it the "true" championship race (if it occurs at Hallet). AI/CMC/CMC2 all as one class.

Grid based on an invert of overall qualifying time from previous qual session of the day. Standing start. Give the slowest guys a head start like bracket racing. Send a pair of cars every 2 seconds. Better yet! Have Todd stand in the middle of the two rows, and when he runs past your door you go! Should be about 2-3 seconds gap each row, but as he gets closer to the back of the pack and starts to tire, the gap grows

If it is for only those that who were at MSR-C, I see no reason not to do it as an invert of R3 for points.

If it's just a discount entry fee, I'm perfectly good with that too.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"