Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Hallett - let's build the list

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Mike,

Please remove my name from the Hallett attendees as I will not be making the trip this season.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
    CMC2 #64
    You better explain yourself son!

WTF man?

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidney
    Mike,

Please remove my name from the Hallett attendees as I will not be making the trip this season.

Thanks,

Sidney Franklin
    CMC2 #64
    You better explain yourself son!

WTF man?
    I broke my Tremec this past weekend at Putnum. My car had an oil leak/smoking issue at VIR in March and we thought it was a dipstick tube that pulled out. (Which was but only adding black oil to the red fluid everywhere else!) At Putnum it was smoking pretty bad again. Found a crack in the Trans housing. Ended up diapering it for the race on Saturday. Sunday found a couple ears broken so we ratchet strapped it to the bellhousing so I could make a few laps and the guys could get the full Toyo bucks.

I was only able to get headers on before Putnum so we decided to go ahead and pull the motor for the CMC2 cam swap and to replace all the gaskets. I'm hoping to be able to have it all back together for our Blackhawk event which is the same weekend as Hallett. Blackhawk is just 2 hours, I can camp & instruct so the entry fee & fuel savings will pay for the new Trans case.

I really wish I could race at all the big races every year but time and finances just don't allow it. I will plan to race with all you Texas & Rocky Mountain boys at Mid-Ohio in 2011!

See you then,

Sidney Franklin
    CMC2 #64

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough. It makes it better when you provide an explanation. Much easier to deal w/ then, "I'm out. Take me off the list."

Good luck w/ the fix.

Sorry to hear that Sidney. Glad you've got options to keep racing though. I really was looking forward to meeting you mid-west guys since I moved back to Tejas and never had a chance to race with you all.

That really sucks Sidney. That was really cool of you to jury rig it and run a few laps to get the Toyo bucks for everyone. Think about just coming down for the weekend to hang out with everyone, it'll be a blast car or no car!
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer

Re: Hallett - let's build the list

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z
    AI
    Mike Patterson - Camaro #8
    Daron Cooke - Mustang #75
    David Neary - Mustang #23
    BlueFire Racing - Mustang #404
    Frank Robertson - Mustang #132
    Tommy Schlender - Firebird #55
    Raybob Coleman - Camaro #43
    Shawn Graham - Camaro #52
    Bryan Leinart - Camaro #24
    David Donovan - Mustang #7
    Robert King - Mustang #42
    Pull me from the list, please.

Financially things are snowballing this month and now I have to replace the clutch and get some other stuff done to the race car. This puts me over my racing budget, so I'm going to skip Hallett -- again.

Be safe, guys...
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    That really sucks Sidney. That was really cool of you to jury rig it and run a few laps to get the Toyo bucks for everyone. Think about just coming down for the weekend to hang out with everyone, it'll be a blast car or no car!
    Al,

I'm going to try and get the car back together by that weekend but if I do I'm going to run up to Blackhawk farms and race with our region. We've done a pretty good job of recruiting several new cars this season but 3 of our regulars will be at Hallett (Bob, Bryan, & Kent). I've been beating the bushes trying to find one more car as it looks like we could have 5 at BHF's and big Toyo bucks to share.

I'm just really looking forward to September 2011 when we'll ALL be racing together!

Sidney

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Sidney... Hate to hear about your car problems and too bad you can't make it to Hallett.

No Hallett for the #56 CMC

Well, she's completely done for. 18 Years on the track with two owners. Only to be cremated sitting on jack-stands. Cause unknown.

By the way, the garage normally looked about this messy.

Senior Member Rookie
    Sorry to hear about this Greg. What a mess!

Hope everyone was Okay. Did the house burn, or is it seperate structure?

Chuck
    CMC#14