Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverted Starts

Inverted Starts

Why is NASA still making AIX start behind AI on inverted starts? AIX is not racing AI and this weekend was a perfect example of the problems associated with the current inverted start concept.

1. Do not come back and tell me AIX is slower than AI. I walked away from the field this weekend.

2. Trying to work my way through the field only messes up battles between slower AI drivers.

3. Contact occured this weekend between an unskilled AI driver and a very safe AIX driver.

The current system must change. Don't tell me the current concept is good for the series. The two AIX cars that are currently in Texas are rapidly changing and getting better. We should not have to start behind AI on inverted starts. Ever! But maybe it is best for the series to lose two more cars by the end of the season, because directors can't see what is really best for the series. Or maybe you just want to see a good wreck and then you will make a knee jerk reaction change. At that point is it too late. Either a car is totalled or a driver is hurt.

FYI: You (directors) have alienated several of the better drivers in the region and they are gone after the end of this season. I suppose that is good for the series.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I was kind of suprised to see the ASC car gridding at the back.

David ... who is alienated and gone after this season?

Mitch "in my own little world" Warren

Re: Inverted Starts

Congrats on your 1:24.xxx lap, that's smokin' fast at Hallett. I didn't realize NASATX was inverting AIX behind AI and am sorry to hear that Skip was involved in some contact - I agree Skip is a good driver and he has always given me plenty of racing room whenever I've been near him on the track.

Maybe it was the combination of a tight track plus a mixed field that lead to some frustration/issues? Wasn't just AIX/AI/CMC in that run group, saw Hondas, a Corvette, and some wild looking red firebird (tube frame?) cars in the video JB posted up.

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

AIX

I agree that AIX should start in front of AI. Good point.

Who is alienated? Please clarify.

Nasa does have some major problems as far as I am concerned. Especially after last weekend.

No scales at Hallett. That is plain lazy and defeats the whole foundation that AI & CMC are built on.

Post race impounds were a joke really,

It was as if they were saying, Well we dont have scales, so we are going to make it up by looking for other stuff.

Come on Nasa, we pay good money for this, Please do your job.

Enforce the rules.

On the other hand I understand that this is not a perfect world, maybe our expectations should be set lower.

On the other, other hand Hallet was a blast as far as I am concerned .
    AI # 12

Did anyone get selected for the random dyno cert?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    The mysterious one armed man ... Burch.

Also, Adam told me that his hood was sealed. Not sure I know what happened there. I was hoping to see some discussion on it so that if/when it happens to me, I'll better understand the reasoning behind it.

Daron was pitted right next to me and I was oblivious to all the goings on. Tech spent a lot of time roaming the pits both days.

I thought the "everyone to impound, we'll wave you through if we don't need you" idea was over the top. After R3, my car was burning down just waiting to have them wave me on. Post R4 was better, though.

Maybe AG trying to keep Daron out of the engine bay lol.

Oh, I forgot to say that Hallett was a blast. And I enjoyed the weekend.

Everyone in the Texas Region races pretty clean.

DA
    #20AIX

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    You have no idea how much of a joke Tech was on the weekend - I'm sure you'll hear more about the NASA tech BS that I endured on the weekend in due time - right now I'd rather not talk about it, especially in an open forum.

But I will give this advice to all in our group - if you ever are questioned by NASA tech or other officials about something to do with your vehicles rules compliance, stop them right then and there and summon the Series Director on duty for the weekend before any further discussion takes place, or before you let them look at your car.

Otherwise, Hallett was a blast as always.
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    The mysterious one armed man ... Burch.
    What's the point if there are no scales....save the AI/CMC money for beer please..... :roll:

<---wasn't there but will stir the pot a little!