Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverted Starts

Senior Member Grass-Passer

Re: Inverted Starts

Quote Originally Posted by Garbage
    Why is NASA still making AIX start behind AI on inverted starts? AIX is not racing AI and this weekend was a perfect example of the problems associated with the current inverted start concept.
    This is an easy fix. From here on out AIX, AI, AIV, & CMC will all be inverted by class only based on results of first race of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    is it me, or has that guy in the Vette been @ the center of way too many issues/incidents? yes, hes the guy who drove the FFR Cobra last year durring the friday practice day @ MSR that ended up getting T boned by me and taking out Libby and another Miata.
    seems like to me, he needs to pay more attention to whats going on around him. stalling a car on a standing start??? sounds like thats too much car for him.
    Is that popcorn from a 50K bag? 8)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    He didn't stall it!
    He was waiting for the flagger to come down to flag us.
    Someone who overheard him saying this relayed it to me.
    He was sleeping.

numbnuts!!!

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    is it me, or has that guy in the Vette been @ the center of way too many issues/incidents? yes, hes the guy who drove the FFR Cobra last year durring the friday practice day @ MSR that ended up getting T boned by me and taking out Libby and another Miata.
    seems like to me, he needs to pay more attention to whats going on around him. stalling a car on a standing start??? sounds like thats too much car for him.
    Typical corvette driver..... :roll: Sorry Mr. Mixon..didn't mean you!

Between car prep issues, driver issues and kind of a cocky sense of achievement, definte watch list material when in proximity on course...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    He didn't stall it!
    He was waiting for the flagger to come down to flag us.
    Someone who overheard him saying this relayed it to me.
    He was sleeping.

numbnuts!!!

jb
    Yea, thats what the flagger does, they leave the "FLAGSTAND". :roll:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

CMC17
    Nothing is worse than missing the green flag and not prepared to go. It has happened in the past (Becky) and will probably happen in the future whether that be in our own class or an out of class car.

Driver's meeting would be a great time to go over (briefly) the standing starts. Heck, have an air horn sound off to let every know the start is about to happen.

Simple for some and not for others not to mention a lapse in attention can spell disaster.

Beat and bash the Corvette guy over it, but in doing so, please take something positive from this and try to make "next" time better.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    He didn't stall it!
    He was waiting for the flagger to come down to flag us...
    IF that is the case, it doesn't make any sense! If the flagger is at ground level, only the first few rows will be able to see him, leaving everyone else at a distinct disadvantage. You want him up high where everyone else will see him.

I think sounding an airhorn a few seconds before the start is a great idea -- as long as everyone understands that the horn is a warning only and does NOT signal the start of the race!
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the flagger did raise thier hand to indicate to the field that the grid was set and the green was about to fly.

and i'm not trying to pick on the guy, but its been consistant since i joined NASA.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Just a question and there I am not implying anything toward anyone at all....just curious.....but who actually verifies which drivers attend the MANDATORY driver's meetings?

Reason I ask is that there have been items covered in the meetings that seem to be ignored or the driver was not at the meeting?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMC17
    Heck, have an air horn sound off to let every know the start is about to happen.
    They could just replay reveille again. 8)

Bock - boooock- b - b - b - bock - booock

jb