Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Dyno's from the Hallett race weekend

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

Upcoming Dyno's from the Hallett race weekend

Tomorrow, 22 June 2006, we will be dynoing Jeff Burch's and Robert Boudreaux's cars ( sealed at the Hallett event by NASA Texas ) at SpeedTek in Haltom City. That gets underway @ 11:30am - I'll be there to help Jeff unload/run it on the dyno/whatever is needed, as well as officiate and sign his dyno sheet.

Friday, 23 June 2006, my car will be dyno'd @ LG Motorsports in Wylie, TX @ 9:00am ( it was also sealed at the Hallett event, by NASA Texas ). The person(s) who felt so strongly that my car was/is illegal is cordially invited to attend this dyno session. Actually, anyone interested is welcome to attend this dyno session, to be overseen by a NASA Texas official.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I sure hope the mystery is solved soon...

I would really like to know what the real story is behind the Tech Inspection they tried to preform on your car!

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    An objective point of view...

Does it really matter what anyone dynos, we dont know what the cars weighed.

"Your numbers are 240, 310"

"My car weighed 3400"

Where would we go from there?
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

Exactly, with no scales at Hallett what are you getting dyno numbers for?

CMC17
    Seems like a waste of time since no "legal" weight was measured at the track. Anyone can say they were running extra weight if they are over.

1. Why weren't the scales available this time?
    2. I'm sure there are lots of 'stuff' going on behind the scenes. What gives??
    3. Consistency!!!!!!!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    If weight is such a critical factor in the rules (and it is,) then why doesn't NASA own a set of scales?!?

Without recorded weights, the dyno numbers are essentially meaningless and a waste of everyone's time and money.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Without recorded weights, the dyno numbers are essentially meaningless and a waste of everyone's time and money.
    I guess that is why they wanted to preform an engine teardown on a CMC car... no weight... so lets check for part numbers on the internal engine parts...

Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    I guess that is why they wanted to preform an engine teardown on a CMC car... no weight... so lets check for part numbers on the internal engine parts...
    They wanted to do a teardown??? There's no teardown in CMC, who is "they"??

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by donovan
    Mines sitting in the garage in 4000 pieces if anyone wants to take an inventory! I just have to get the heads back from Houston first!

Honestly, if 230/300 is the limit and 3250 is the weight.....what difference does it make what's under the hood? I guess I am looking at this from an AI stand point but.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell
    They wanted to do a teardown??? There's no teardown in CMC, who is "they"??
    The NASA Techs + Jay... I was parked right next to it all and stayed there as mine was one of the last cars to get tech'd, but after coming off track from a 20 minute race about 25 minutes in tech was long enough... I had to go get ready for the next round. The whole thing was strange...

I'm still waiting for an official explanation as to what was going on... I want to know.