Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMC 2 3rd gen

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Our SN95 has the factory type Cobra R wing as Gary said. I took it off at one event this year and could not tell the difference. My son drove it in the next race and he thought it was loose as hell......who knows. I'm not a wing guy (can you say RICE) but it does look good on the black 55. You can see a lot better without it.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracerwhite
    We also have an LT1 in a third gen in our region as well.
    I never saw a follow-up. How did that car turn out?
    Great, we sold it to Robert Salus and he hs been racing with us all season. The last race the 9 bolt let go in it and now he is going to get a ten bolt for it. That was his first dnf for the season.

This winter he is going to put a fuel cell in it.

Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Alien

OT: Brian, do you know if Bob or Sidney had to do anything with clearancing the 305 block to work with the 350 head? With that setup, don't the valves come really close to the cylinder wall? With a thin or steel head gasket, wouldn't the problem be magnified?

I don't think he had to do anything there, I'll check with him.

Bryan

Member Rookie
    This might make a good starter car.

Yeah its a TBI car and drum brake car. That can be fixed.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1945594120.html
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    See how much for the A-team van in the background. That would be a cool tow vehicle.

This is a shot from left field, but I have a complete '92 Camaro I need to part with. It is the exact same config as what I used to build my car, I had bought it as a spare way back.

It is a '92 factory B4C car used by Texas DPS. 305 / 5 speed, hardtop, RS bodywork, with complete 1LE running gear (minus the aluminum driveshaft). But the 1LE package gives you a great starting point for the brakes and sway bars, bushings, better springs, supposed better fual tank... It has the lightest weight body work. The '91 and '92 cars are also supposed to be a bit stiffer as the factory used adhesives in addition to the spot welds...

Anyway, I've owned several of these cars, best of the 3rd gens in my opinion. It's not $1000 cheap though. I'd need to figure out what I want for it since there is a bit of a collector aspect to it. But if you might be interested, let me know.

Jeff
    - car is in Round Rock by the way

Senior Member Rookie
    I think Nick V is looking to make the jump to -2 this offseason too. He's going the 305 TPI route.
    Yup. Headed towards the 305 route with all the goodies. Gotta make a budget to get it all figured out.
    Nick Valentin

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirtz
    See how much for the A-team van in the background. That would be a cool tow vehicle.

Jeff
    That van, towing an '82 black Firebird with black wheels, red accents. Bring back the 80's! Only thing more awesome would be for the driver to fly into the track in Airwolf.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Jeff
    That van, towing an '82 black Firebird with black wheels, red accents. Bring back the 80's! Only thing more awesome would be for the driver to fly into the track in Airwolf.
    OK ... you can have David Hasselhoff and Jan-Micheal Vincent.

I'll take Catherine Bach and Heather Thomas.

Jeff

NICE!

Member Rookie

This is a shot from left field, but I have a complete '92 Camaro I need to part with. It is the exact same config as what I used to build my car, I had bought it as a spare way back.

It is a '92 factory B4C car used by Texas DPS. 305 / 5 speed, hardtop, RS bodywork, with complete 1LE running gear (minus the aluminum driveshaft). But the 1LE package gives you a great starting point for the brakes and sway bars, bushings, better springs, supposed better fual tank... It has the lightest weight body work. The '91 and '92 cars are also supposed to be a bit stiffer as the factory used adhesives in addition to the spot welds...

Anyway, I've owned several of these cars, best of the 3rd gens in my opinion. It's not $1000 cheap though. I'd need to figure out what I want for it since there is a bit of a collector aspect to it. But if you might be interested, let me know.

Jeff
    Think it over and let me know what you would want for it.
    1984 mustang. getting back into CMC.
    Looking for another Fox Saleen