Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Practice day at TWS in February for MSRH?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    :lol:
    Unofficially...the schedule is within one weekend of this years with the exception of the last event being at MSR-H instead of ECR
    So does that mean no ECR and two events at MSR-H? If so that stinks.
    I does no good to tell us here. Tell Jay and Shannon.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Unofficially...the schedule is within one weekend of this years with the exception of the last event being at MSR-H instead of ECR
    Glen's right - let 'em know at the top. There are alot of TTers that feel the same way so hopefully between them, you guys, get some other classes to speak up as well...
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    How would you suggest we contact them? For some reason I think they could care less about my opinion :?

Since a few have asked about my plans for next year and if I was racing. Two events in Houston will likely mean I miss more events than I had planned on doing. I'm interested in hitting a Driver's Edge Event at Cresson or ECR next year too.

I'm pretty sure I picked up a second or two last week when some shaved RA1's showed up at the office. Watch out Patterson-well maybe not him but the rest in AI might :lol: Other plans to the car should drop times as well.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Blog Entries
    How would you suggest we contact them? For some reason I think they could care less about my opinion :?

Since a few have asked about my plans for next year and if I was racing. Two events in Houston will likely mean I miss more events than I had planned on doing. I'm interested in hitting a Driver's Edge Event at Cresson or ECR next year too.

I'm pretty sure I picked up a second or two last week when some shaved RA1's showed up at the office. Watch out Patterson-well maybe not him but the rest in AI might :lol: Other plans to the car should drop times as well.
    Info@nasatx.com
    For them to not care about your opinion, you first have to give it to them. Put the ball in their court. It may not matter when only Bryan L emails them, but when 20. 30, 50 folks do, it will have an impact. Weather or not that impact will change things, I have no clue.

ECR had a very low turn-out. ECR is suposedly the most expensive rental. Do the math.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Info@nasatx.com
    For them to not care about your opinion, you first have to give it to them. Put the ball in their court. It may not matter when only Bryan L emails them, but when 20. 30, 50 folks do, it will have an impact. Weather or not that impact will change things, I have no clue.

ECR had a very low turn-out. ECR is suposedly the most expensive rental. Do the math.
    It makes sense, from a business perspective IF they can replace it with something cheaper and with better turnout.

How about this as an alternative:

1 - Eliminate the existing TWS enduro and have that revert to a normal race weekend.
    2 - Replace the ECR weekend with a end-of-the-season return to TWS. Saturday would be a normal schedule. Sunday would be a dawn-to-dusk enduro weekend to put a finish to the season.
    3 - Move that event to Austin if/when that track becomes available.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    It really stinks... I don't want to make that drive twice in one year.

Sounds like it is a done deal anyway.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Info@nasatx.com

It makes sense, from a business perspective IF they can replace it with something cheaper and with better turnout.

1 - Eliminate the existing TWS enduro and have that revert to a normal race weekend.
    2 - Replace the ECR weekend with a end-of-the-season return to TWS. Saturday would be a normal schedule. Sunday would be a dawn-to-dusk enduro weekend to put a finish to the season.
    I don't want the enduro on any of the six race weekends. So three weekends at TWS? I don't think so.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gt40
    Info@nasatx.com

I hope you sent that to them and not just posted it here forme to do for you.
    Also, NASA cant just walk in a say "we will take these tracks on these dates. " :roll:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    3 events at Cresson short course CW and CCW
    and long course

2 at TWS 2.9 CW and CCW

1 event at Hallett

Screw MSR Houston and Eagle's Turd raceway

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    The enduro is going to be on the Friday before the April TWS event, and will not affect the normal sprint race schedule for the weekend.