Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Sign-up for TWS

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx View Post
    Same number of cars will be on the track.
    By your logic (which is flawed by the way) we could ask the GTS/ST/GTA guys to run w/ us. It isn't contributing to class car count if we do it, same goes for splitting CMC into two classes.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    How is it flawed? Not aligned with Glenn-world?

Same number of cars
    Same number of people
    Same number of registration fees

Is there some slush fund you get a stipend from if the CMC2 car count breeches a certain number?

Why can't you let folks (me) go to the track and have fun the way they (I) want to have fun and not put this cloud of negativity over it like I'm doing something horribley wrong.

You and I go to the track for two seperate and completely opposite reasons. Deal with it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Mitch is off his meds again.....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Retreating to CMC is not the answer (my opinion only). Its great to see folks max'ing the Toyo payout, but I think it is better to see everyone in CMC2. Car count is king!
    I generally agree that one class is better but I also see this as one of a limited number of opportunities for "pure" CMC1 cars to run together. 2012 is back to one class.

I also agree there is a lot of time left on course... or in my case, running CCW... somewhere in the infield between NASCAR 1 and 2.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries

Its funny you call it "Retreating" when I haven't ever gone anywhere. Its hard to retreat when your the only one that hasn't gone anywhere in the first place.
    Jason Love
    Love in it Racing
    "Sometimes its better to be lucky than good."
    2010 CMC Champion

Blog Entries
    If it doesn't apply to you, could you possibly assume I wasn't talking to you?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg View Post
    Mitch is off his meds again.....
    Maybe you can explain it to me because I really don't see what the big deal is.
    The only plausible reason I can conjour is so that the more speedy drivers can claim they beat more cars.
    BFD

If "retreating", as it was portrayed, to CMC 1 is a huge deal, then it should be in the rules that it's not allowed.

I was just trying to be a team player giving something for lowly CMC1 guys some reason to race.

One thing I forgot to ask of the CMC 1 guys running is if it OK for me to stay on 17" rubber.
    Any of you CMC1 guys affected have an issue with that?

OK with me.
    So is a restricted LT1 3rd gen...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonLiiR View Post
    Its funny you call it "Retreating" when I haven't ever gone anywhere. Its hard to retreat when your the only one that hasn't gone anywhere in the first place.
    My mistake. I thought you ran in CMC2 at Cresson.

Personally, I just want to race where the most cars are running. The more cars running in one class, the more likely there will be more people to play with in your lap time range. The lowly CMC1 guys are fast enough to run with quite a few of the CMC2 guys. The way I have fun is battling 3-4 cars for 12th or any place. I see jumping down to a class with a smaller field a way to better your odds at getting a better finish and some Toyo Bucks, which may be important to some people.

Also there's that whole thing of out of class racing. It's nice to just race and not try to calculate where you're going to let someone by while not losing too much contact with the guy you are chasing and yet not letting the guy who just passed you check out from the guy he's running from who you try to let by with the same 'level' as you did the first guy so not to screw his chances of catching the first guy while inherently giving up some time to the guy who is chasing you.

I'll run CMC1 if it looks like it will be a bigger class.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"