Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, do we want to have our own banquet this year?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, do we want to have our own banquet this year?

I don't know about you guys, but I love the Annual AI/CMC Banquets we have each year. Since the management change w/ NASA TX, the word is the Annual NASA Banquet will be held at the last event (Sat night?), and not at the 1st even of the following season. I have to say I'm not a fan of this. I like to get away from the track where I'm not worried about having to work on the car, or get cleaned up, or split our time between all the other classes. I like to get someplace climate controled as well. We have had some really great banquets over the years, and I hate to see this partof AI/CMC Texas history go away.

There has been no dues collected this year to support a banquet. What does this mean? It means there will likely be a small increase in the amount $$ required from all of us to make this happen.

What we need:
    1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. I say yes.
    2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself.
    3) We need a city and location. College Station (Wings and More) has always worked well as a central location.
    4) We need to know if catering will be required or not (location will decide this).
    5) We need a head count.
    6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video?
    7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts?

It is getting late in the year, so we really need to move on this.
    For those who feel the past banquets were lacking, I invite you to volunteer to organize it this year.

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    Im new to the group but I think our own banquet is a great idea. Its actually something I have looked forward to since meeting all you guys.

If its in College Station I can almost gurantee I could make it. And I am always game for another tshirt if we have some made up.

My 2cents
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    I'm in.

Of course College Station has my vote...

T-shirts are a must.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I will travel to where ever the location is... T-shirts are a definate must. We need to get Todd and Al in on this since they are of course the National Director's for each of the respective classes we are honoring.

Not to put this all off on Glenn, but he's done a GREAT job in the past with banquets. Pricing was reasonable and it was always fun. We just need to find a BYOB site. That has worked very well in the past, in my opinion.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crumpacker View Post
    I'm in.

Of course College Station has my vote...

T-shirts are a must.
    x2
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Got to have ECR Saturday Night!

All I know is what got me really hooked into this group was the year end video and the Saturday night dinners/drink-a-thons/story telling/rain dumping...

I don't mind some of the community dinners, but I really enjoy our group blowouts at Hallett and the last party of the year at ECR.

And I can always *use* another t-shirt.

#39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I love the Annual AI/CMC Banquets we have each year. Since the management change w/ NASA TX, the word is the Annual NASA Banquet will be held at the last event (Sat night?), and not at the 1st even of the following season. I have to say I'm not a fan of this. I like to get away from the track where I'm not worried about having to work on the car, or get cleaned up, or split our time between all the other classes. I like to get someplace climate controled as well. We have had some really great banquets over the years, and I hate to see this partof AI/CMC Texas history go away.

There has been no dues collected this year to support a banquet. What does this mean? It means there will likely be a small increase in the amount $$ required from all of us to make this happen.

What we need:
    1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. I say yes.
    2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself.
    3) We need a city and location. College Station (Wings and More) has always worked well as a central location.
    4) We need to know if catering will be required or not (location will decide this).
    5) We need a head count.
    6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video?
    7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts?

It is getting late in the year, so we really need to move on this.
    For those who feel the past banquets were lacking, I invite you to volunteer to organize it this year.
    1. I say yes!!!
    2. Pre Thanksgiving, but at least a couple weeks after ECR so trophies can be engraved.
    3. Somewhere close to an airport.
    5. +1 or 2
    7. There has to be 2011 shirts.
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    1) Feedback for or against having the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Banquet. YES..YES...YES....
    2) We need a date. Best dates are between Post ECR and pre X-mas. I prefere prior to Thanksgiving myself. I agree on this time.
    3) We need a city and location. Paris, Texas is the place be. Just think of taking your wives and family on a trip to Paris in the fall.
    5) We need a head count. Most likely...Wife and 2 kids will make it...depending on location.
    6) Who is gonna make the 2011 AI/CMC Texas Video? I vote Dave Francis.. He won an award last year.
    7) Do we want to make 2011 AI/CMC Texas shirts? YES.. Yes.. Yes... This time don't let Al order all of them with cigarette pockets on them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    As far as head count, I'll have 5 total.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    I'm with Proctor..... except maybe the Paris thing.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro