Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just to clear the air

Just to clear the air

Just to clear the air!

First the Adam issue at Hallett.
    I was talking about tech and policing of the AI series and how I missed the old ways of the random checks to make sure everyone was in compliance. I never mentioned anyone’s name or car being not incompliance.
    I was then asked specifically if Adam was cheating. With the B.S. and the crap I have gotten the last year I’m not pulling any punches for Adam at all. I then said that the heads on his car were not in the intent of the CMC rules, and that is Adam’s words. They then asked what do you mean? I explained the following, since they were my old heads and I quote “The heads that I sold Adam at the end of 2004 were ported on both the exhaust and intake side, shaved 40 thousandths and have Edelbrock double valve springs.”

So people believe that even if Adam dynos under 230/300 that this should be allowed, maybe, but this poses a different issue. Now everyone needs to do this to stay competitive. Shaving a head 40 thousandths will change the dyno curve and give more power on the bottom end. That is the whole reason I built a 14.1 motor for my now retired AI car.

So you tell me what you would have done?

Second, I did a test at Houston with my new car, not the blue car, during practice. This is what Clifton was aware of. I pulled my restrictor and ran with a few cars to see who could pull me on the straights and yes there was a car or two that seemed suspicious. I never even said who, just that this series needs more attention and policing.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I don't think I pulled you in practice but I remember pulling you during the race once or twice! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    I don't think I pulled you in practice but I remember pulling you during the race once or twice! :wink:
    Most definitely not you, slow poke! ;-)
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Well, he pulled me, too. :evil:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    how long had you known these "illegal" heads have been on Adams car? seems like 2 years is too long to wait to say something about a person cheating. right?
    if the heads are what you say they are (ported), then yes, they are illegal. if they boost tq a notable amount, then yea, they are illegal. milling them? no.
    how about boring a motor .030" over? milling heads is the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Well, he pulled me, too. :evil:
    And your issue is???? :evil:
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    how long had you known these "illegal" heads have been on Adams car? seems like 2 years is too long to wait to say something about a person cheating. right?
    Again, If you ask a specific question you will get the appropriate answer. Also, as I said I'm not pulling any punches any more!
    Since I sold them to him...It was not my issue, nor was I racing in CMC.
    if the heads are what you say they are (ported), then yes, they are illegal. if they boost tq a notable amount, then yea, they are illegal. milling them? no.
    Wow, where do you read this?
    I see the rules as black and white...no gray area here? The only rule I see that states anything is below. Also, if it's not listed as allowed then it’s not legal...right?

8.14. Ford Spec Engine Option
    All of the following unmodified aftermarket components (and only these components) may be
    installed on an OEM stock unmodified Ford 5.0 liter (302ci) V8 long block to create a carbed, spec
    CMC Ford engine:

This may draw attention to your car if you think milling is legal.
    And if milling is legal...I have a great new business and a product for CMC Mustang owner!
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicane23
    Again, If you ask a specific question you will get the appropriate answer. Also, as I said I'm not pulling any punches any more!
    Since I sold them to him...It was not my issue, nor was I racing in CMC.
    Wow, where do you read this?
    I see the rules as black and white...no gray area here? The only rule I see that states anything is below. Also, if it's not listed as allowed then it’s not legal...right?

8.14. Ford Spec Engine Option
    All of the following unmodified aftermarket components (and only these components) may be
    installed on an OEM stock unmodified Ford 5.0 liter (302ci) V8 long block to create a carbed, spec
    CMC Ford engine:

And if milling is legal...I have a great new business and a product for CMC Mustang owner!
    how long had you known these "illegal" heads have been on Adams car?
    i do believe thats a specific question. why did you wait so long to say something?

...It was not my issue, nor was I racing in CMC.
    so its not your issue since you were not racing in CMC, but then Adams legality is your issue when you reported it to NASA, correct? so its only Adams legality that is your issue?
    it is ALL of our responsibilty to report ANY cheeting of anyone w/in NASA. the only reason i can think of to not report someone is due to fear of being reported on oneself.

so now if i believe doing something is legal, that means i've done it? wow, alot of speculation on your part.
    ya know, adjusting bump steer is legal, but i havent done it. 2 piece front rear rotors w/ aluminum hats is legal, but i havent done it. front air dam is legal, but i havent done it. there are many more and i could go on.

i also believe it is w/in the intent of the rules to rebuild a motor. this, in many instances, requires things such as milling heads, boring blocks. thats why the manufacture lists specs such as max allowable overbore and other specs required for rebuilding an engine.

but hey, feel free to whisper in the ear of whoever it is that takes your word as absolute and tell them i've had my motor overbored or that i've milled my heads. crappy comment deleted. sorry John.

all i said above was why did you wait so long to report adam and i also stated i didnt think milling heads (or boring a block) was cheeting.

if the heads are ported and the motor didnt make anymore power over a legal motor, its still cheeting, its just not being a good cheeter.
    and if i'm cheeting i'll be sure to keep it to myself just in case that person i tell @ some point in time desides they dont like me and reports me.
    but understand 1 thing if nothing else, if i know of someone cheeting, i'll report them regardless of my personal relationship w/ them.

as for others, dont be so sure the person your defending is telling the trueth. i'm not defending Adan here, so understand that. but i havent MYSELF seen the parts in question. have some of you? same goes for accusations about Johns car, do you know for sure he's not? enough to defend him and risk your credibility? i told Adam on the phone friday - "i'm not saying your cheeting, but i would have to see the parts before i would defend you".
    accusations against John is between John and NASA to determin.

i do believe thats a specific question. why did you wait so long to say something?
    Again, you fail to read clearly…I was never questioned about the heads before Hallett so I was not going to give free info. on a matter that did not concern me. I don’t care who is cheating in CMC at all. I don’t care!!!!!!

so its not your issue since you were not racing in CMC, but then Adams legality is your issue when you reported it to NASA, correct? so its only Adams legality that is your issue?
    it is ALL of our responsibilty to report ANY cheeting of anyone w/in NASA. the only reason i can think of to not report someone is due to fear of being reported on oneself.
    If someone would have asked me earlier I would have told them! I didn’t report it out of the blue. I was simply asked "is Adam cheating"?

I don’t have any responsibility other than to my family.

so now if i believe doing something is legal, that means i've done it? wow, alot of speculation on your part.
    Just giving you shit Glenn.

go ahead and lie your ass off (again?)
    I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt first, but are you directing this to me?
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com

Blog Entries
    shitty comment on my part. i'll delete it. sorry.