Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas AI/CMC Round 6 at ECR Oct 22-23!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Texas AI/CMC Round 6 at ECR Oct 22-23!

Well here we are just 3 short weeks away from the final event of another great season. I figured we should start getting the energy level up around here after our long break from Round 5 (month and a half).
    I'll get a list of names of those who have signed up as soon as I can. If you haven't already, please do sign up ASAP. If you need to wait, let us know your planning to do so as soon as you can so we can have a fairly accurate head count.
    As always, it would be great to have a season finale cook-out like we always do. ECR has had a consistent history of having some epic AI/CMC Texas cooking/drinking and all round fun. Let’s keep that going, and let’s try and secure our usual area.
    For all you DFW guys, let’s see if we can talk up this event on the local forums and places you frequently chat. This is a great track for spectators w/ regards to the view of the track and the action we generally see here. This would be a good opportunity for "recruiting". Invite them to the "party after" if we end up having one.
    I'm fairly sure that the top positions for AI/CMC season points is not set in stone and this event will be the deciding event.
    Along those lines - awards.....
    I need all traveling trophies delivered to me by ECR. If you need to mail it to me, please do so ASAP. If you are not attending the event, mail it to me or get it to someone who is attending. I'll need to get to work making the updates for 2011 for the Awards Banquet that will be coming soon after this event.
    Please provide your input/feedback.
    Last edited by GlennCMC70; 10-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.

I plan to be there and I'm in for a repeat of the BBQ. Is this going to be a group thing or another feed the paddock?

Glenn, I can meet you somewhere this Sunday or next Sat/Sun - if that's soon enough - PM or call me and we can figure it out.

Blog Entries
    ECR is soon enough.

Senior Member Rookie
    Ok, I'm going crazy. At the beginning of the year I post the race schedule on my calendar. Did someone change the race date from the original posting earlier this year?!
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Blog Entries
    I got the date from the National page.
    It has not changed as far as I know.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I got the date from the National page.
    It has not changed as far as I know.
    I'm with Neary... i had the "original" date at 10/8-9. Regardless, i'm registered and might actually have a car to race at this event.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie
    Glenn,

I'm glad you posted this thread because I would have been at ECR next weekend!
    David Neary
    Orange #23 AI Mustang
    2010 Texas Region AI Rookie of the Year

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I've had the thiird weekend on my calendar. Don't know where 8-9 came from. Everyone take good notes, as it's all up in the air. AI and CMC-2 are far from sealed.

Everyone prep and bring their "A" game. Do the rain or sunshine dance... It will be fun regardless. Three weeks baby!! With Hallett being my last event, I'm ready to hit a track I've never driven!!

Also, I'm looking for a place to crash (enclosed trailer or RV for myself and Gavin for both Friday and Saturday).
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar
    I am definitely out for this event due to Broday's medical costs from a few weeks back and the fact that Mandy is scheduled for a c-section to deliver Kayla on the 24th. I am 95% sure I will be at the non points TWS race and if not there I will definitely catch up with everyone at the banquet. I expect updates from you guys DURING the weekend!
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Blog Entries
    List of registered drivers as of 10-01-11 per NASA TX HQ:
    23 American Iron David Neary The Woodlands TX Ford Mustang Cobra 1994
    39 CMC2 David Francis Pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1994 Orange Is Fast!
    67 American Iron Marshall Mosty Denton TX Ford Mustang 1989 Bell Racing\ John Mosty Company
    85 CMC2 Wayne Stehle Houston TX Chevrolet Camaro 1998