Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor Jack

Senior Member Grass-Passer jdlingle's Avatar

Floor Jack

What brand of floor jack do you guys use? Now that I finally have the front of my car lowered down to race car height I cant get my old Harbor Freight "racing" jack to the subframe connectors to jack. It will go to the pinch welds on the body but thats it. Ive always been kind of leary of using those.
    2011- Texas Region CMC2 Rookie of the Year.
    2012- Broke with no car.
    2013- Author- Hard Luck Lloyd: The Complete Story of Slow-Talking, Fast-Driving Texan Lloyd Ruby

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    I have the small HF "racing" jack - the $89 one, or at least that's what it was a couple years ago when I bought it. The saddle is a little over 3" off the ground - should fit under any AI/CMC car. I can't say I really like this jack but it gets the job done at the right price. Higher quality jacks are less annoying to use but exponentially more expensive.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    park next to Casey and borrow his.... LOL

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I have the fancy Craftsman aluminum jack. I got it last year on black Friday. Think I paid $225 for it. It's works as intended and it light enough to "throw around".
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I have the fancy Craftsman aluminum jack. I got it last year on black Friday. Think I paid $225 for it. It's works as intended and it light enough to "throw around".

Update my post... park between Casey and Marshall.... then you have a jack on each side...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    My $89 Harbor Freight jack died last year after 4 years of service. I park next to Marshall but you can park on the other side. ;^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have the same jack as Marshall and for the money (when you find it on sale) it is a great piece. I found it for $169.00 four years ago. I think about half the guys use this same Craftsman jack. I know Dr. Frank has one.

JJ

I have one of these at home. It weighs a ton so I wouldnt lug it to the track, but it'll lift the truck and it'll lift race cars higher than the little aluminum jacks.
    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5429_200345429
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I have the same jack as Marshall and for the money (when you find it on sale) it is a great piece. I found it for $169.00 four years ago. I think about half the guys use this same Craftsman jack. I know Dr. Frank has one.

JJ
    I have that jack too. I love how light it is, but this is my 2nd one and just recently it started having the same issue my first one had - it slowly lowers down after being jacked up fairly high (above 75% or so). *anyone have a fix for this?? Each one lasted about 2yrs. I'll likely buy the $90 harbor freight next. Believe it or not, they have better reviews than the Craftsman ones.

That being said, Craftsman actually warrantied my first one (even outside of it's 1yr warranty) but warned me it was a 1-time deal. They told me that, as a racer, I use it more than the typical buyer so I fall under 'commercial use' and have zero warranty to begin with.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Any hydraulic shop can rebuild the ram.