Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 1992 Camaro - CMC Car

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    Only questioned.
    No action was taken.
    Got the car off the trailer tonight... working on the STOCK PROFILE... thanks for giving me some time to work on it... It will still have supports after seeing the pics of Nicks car on the front straight at TWS... just want to maintain the stock profile at speed...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien View Post
    Sean,
    Since you're a new guy and can't be expected to know a bunch of history in the group (with or without a rollseyes icon), what David is refering to is something that happened over a year ago concerning his #3 car. For Nick's chin spoiler, it's been cracked when loading and unloading on the trailer, so it will bend back a bit at high speeds. Unfortunately, it's pretty common for third gens to have similar cracks right at the corners from people nosing into curbs when parking. The key is that if you (or Nick has) make new supports for the chin spoiler, it MUST MAINTAIN THE STOCK PROFILE. This bolded part gave Love some issues last year in that his was pushed out (supported) a bit more than the stock profile and was questioned by a series director.
    Thank you ...Ross and my self have been looking into this and I am going to remove them until I learn to stay on track...LOL Wile there off I am going to fabricate some brackets and repair them. I am hoping the trailer I am buying from Al F. is low enough not to scrap loading and unloading. We will see :-)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    I am hoping the trailer I am buying from Al F. is low enough not to scrap loading and unloading.
    Just need a shallower approach angle... i.e. make the ramp as long as it has to be to not scrape. Just use the winch on the self loading kegerator and you'll be fine
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Just need a shallower approach angle... i.e. make the ramp as long as it has to be to not scrape. Just use the winch on the self loading kegerator and you'll be fine
    Thanks