Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR-C and our normal pit area - now is GRID!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

MSR-C and our normal pit area - now is GRID!

In case you have not seen the post on the NASA forums.....
    The "skid pad", where we have parked for longer than I have been racing w/ NASA, will now be the grid. The old grid will now be post race tech/impound.
    I have sent an email to Dave asking for an area to be designated as AI/CMC pits. I'm hoping to know more in the coming days.

Anyone have an area they think would be good and big enough?
    We will likely be required to park all trailers in the grass since not having the skidpad will take away alot of parking area and displace those folks into a smaller area. Things are likely to get tight. I have some ideas, but I'll wait and see what you guys think and what Dave comes back w/.
    I just wanted to get the word out that we can no longer park where we have.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    The problem is that he is taking the area that we used and not opening up another area.

I can't remember anywhere that is 1/10 the size that we need.
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Blog Entries
    Lets be positive here. I don't like having that area taken from us, but I also understand the problems of having grid under the covered area we have always had it when we have 40+ cars in a single class. This is one time where I am glad to see them try something different.

Jack needs to pave more parking.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it rains we can't drive anything off the pavement. I really wonder how they are going to pull this off. We usually take almost all the paved area.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Jack needs to do a lot of things.
    I'lm used to going off road anyhow. Not much to be positive about. No electrical, no garages, and no parking.
    The only positive I see is praying for no rain, hanging out with my CMC race buddies, and of course RACING!!!!
    it don't get any better. See you there. Bring your barbie (that's BBQ for the Texans), and well have a ol' fashion cookout.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

What were the problems with having the grid under the covered area?
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Blog Entries
    Not enough room for all the cars trying to grid. If you put them 2 deep (on each side) it blocks the access in and out of the track exit for cars and emergency vehicles.
    Lets not debate whether or not there are issues there. Lets deal w/ the fact that we have been asked to not grid there. Find a new home and see what happens. It could very well be that the new grid location reveals new issue that would require a new option. It could also allow us to move to move to a place we end up liking better.
    I think a new grid and track entrance and exit needs to be worked out. I don't think that track was designed/built w/ racing in mind, only HPDE type events and use. One dead give away of this - no start/finish flag stand. It is the only track we race at w/out one.

Fair enough, there is not enough room to grid. For that reason they need to take our "home", your word, but haven't offered us a new option.

Now I know Dave, and I think he will come through, but so far it sounds like my company's IT department. And don't get me started on my company's IT department...-
    -Wayne
    -CMC #85

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    So they thought long and hard about getting cars into/off of track, but not about where to park them when not racing.......uummmm. let's hope that is not as far as their minds went. I would hope that we just don't showing up in a parking free-for-all with big transporters and trailers and motorhomes parking all over the place. In dry weather, chaotic. In the rain, dangerous and disastrous... especially on the side of the hill.
    I'm sure all the folks that have their special garages will enjoy all of us plugging up their access to the garages.
    Just hope there is a plan.
    I'm with Wayne on this one.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    If they grid in our spot, I'd be happy to grid under the cover ;-p They only need a couple of spots for the scales...
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34