Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSR-C and our normal pit area - now is GRID!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    I just got a respoce from Dave. We will need to work this out on our own. I'm liking the area to the left where the entrance road "T's" into the road from the clubhouse up to grid. We can also use the area down the hill from there closest to the track. I was cautioned about displacing another group from thier "normal" spot. W/out knowing any of this and where other folks "normal" spots are, this will be hard. I'll see about getting a map drawn up and posted by weeks end.
    That is the area I was talking about.

I agree with Gary on the tuff $hit about parking in someone's spot. I had "my spot" at ECR for two years then this last year some of our own guys took it. First come, first served.

Think of last year with all the big rigs up on the hill with us. Now think of all those people parking in the space that is left. Now think if it rains.......

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I agree with Gary on the tuff $hit about parking in someone's spot. I had "my spot" at ECR for two years then this last year some of our own guys took it.
    It's all up for grabs once you shuffle one big group... the week before we need a good headcount so the early birds can stake the claim.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    TT will be using the 3.1. And we may not be the only group doing so as well...
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

MSR Parking Map.pdf

Here is a (borrowed) map of MSR parking areas. I don't know if it's to scale, but it gives you an idea.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    TT will be using the 3.1. And we may not be the only group doing so as well...
    Please expand on this statement for those of us that are on the fence about attending the sardine event.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I sure hope it doesn't rain. There is no where near enough pave parking taking away the skid pad area too. And one foot off the pavement and you are stuck when it rains.

Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I sure hope it doesn't rain. There is no where near enough pave parking taking away the skid pad area too. And one foot off the pavement and you are stuck when it rains.
    You are right on that JP...if it does NOT rain there should be plenty of places to park trailers (outside the fence if necessary) and free up hardtop for parking cars, but if it rains....well, that's a totally different deal.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    20-30 spaces don't work for 40-50 car grids.

Also that area is being turned into a useful tech area, as tech where it used to be doesn't work.

Any of the other groups don't get to park together. Not sure if that's because they don't really try or what though...

to boil it down into one word: progress!
    So now we need to behave like others that don't hang out together. Doesn't seem like progress to me.
    Seems like NASA Texas is focused on TT and HPDE.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    So now we need to behave like others that don't hang out together. Doesn't seem like progress to me.
    Seems like NASA Texas is focused on TT and HPDE.
    Shut up Randy...........you just had a heart attack. Remember?

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    That was 2 years ago. Feeling good.
    Where did you hear that?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro