Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Toyo Source?

Senior Member Grass-Passer edrock96GT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    Use a heavy blanket, sleeping bag, thermal blanket, anything that will keep the heat in them and let them cool slowly (it takes about 3 hours), so they return to ambient temp.
    Our garages have the same effect this time of year...
    Eddie Rock

#21 AI '96 GT

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    This is just about right. Get them close to operating temp (which you can do by and not ripping them off the wheels - I like that saying, I'm going to use that..., but I'm going add one of the most important steps that no one does, much less is told. When you come in off the track, jack the car up or take the wheels off the car and cover them while they are hot. Use a heavy blanket, sleeping bag, thermal blanket, anything that will keep the heat in them and let them cool slowly (it takes about 3 hours), so they return to ambient temp. This is probably the most important step in heat cycling any tire ( well not ripping them off the wheels is very important to ....
    Interesting info.-never heard that before. I'll throw them in the hot sun and wrap them up with Mosty's sleeping bag.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Our garages have the same effect this time of year.
    Yeah, I used my tires to cool me down after coming off track at Hallett last year

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    The last few posts had me LOL'ing
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Ok-so I heat cycled the tires on Friday and let them cool down in the sun till I moved them to the shade. Then ran them the rest of the weekend. So now what? The car will be dormant for several months. What is the proper way to store them? I know out of the sun and heat but what pressure and assume off the car would be better, too?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Ok-so I heat cycled the tires on Friday and let them cool down in the sun till I moved them to the shade. Then ran them the rest of the weekend. So now what? The car will be dormant for several months. What is the proper way to store them? I know out of the sun and heat but what pressure and assume off the car would be better, too?
    BL,
    I will give you the answer. Don't tell anyone else. Put 110 PSi in them and sit them in a tub of paint thinner. Take them out right before the next event let all but 11 psi out and put them on your trailer and pull them around the block a few times with the race car inside. I'm sure this will help.

Just looking out for ya.
    JJ

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post

Who said to cool them down in the sun??....Nope - not a good idea. You have to cover them and put them in shade/trailer.........Race tires should always be out of the sun when not being used if possible. Think of what happens to your skin when you are in the sun all the time - same thing happens to a race tire.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Who said to cool them down in the sun??....Nope - not a good idea.
    That's it BL, those tires are shot. Might as well give them to me and save yourself the disposal fee.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

We like Phils. (845) 647-7407
    Good people who shave them correctly and deliver on time.
    4) 275/40R70 ToyoRA1 shaved& shipped to Houston. $1032 (Aug 2012)
    Dan #82

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I use Toyo's Only...but they have changed their name to Track Fast Motorsports. I have used Phil's a few times in a pinch, but his shipping is killer.

Bryan Shackelford
    Track Fast Motorsport
    (602)252-3301 Shop
    (602)252-3319 Fax
    FWIW, Bryan has done allot to support AI and CMC around US, not just for a few regions. At the MMP Nationals, be broken down, remounted and rebalanced 6-8 rims/tires for tech purposes, and refused to charge us a dime.

Additionally, if you have Toyo certs that are going to expire, contact him directly - he's helped countless racers with expiring certs.

He's the only Toyo dealer I'll do business with.