Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo Source?

Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    I am hesitant to admit this in such a public forum, but I haven't bought new Toyo's since 2008.
    Those would be newer than the unobtanium set I bought last year for oodles of $ and newer than anything I have left.
    For what it's worth, Toyo's only was the ONLY company that shed any light on the shortage last year when a couple of us guinea pigs were searching for tires.
    To me that meant they had an active relationship with Toyo vs what everyone else had (including NASA I might add).
    They were very up front, very helpful and assuming I ever buy a Toyo tire again, they will be my first call.

I've used Appalachian and been very happy with their service. You know Tommy Schlender up in RMR is also a Toyo dealer so you can probably arrange tires to be brought to Hallett and save shipping entirely.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    I have ordered the last three times from TiresDirect.net. They are consistently cheaper than ToyosOnly or Appalachian Race Tire, the only two other places I got quotes from last month. They do a good job shaving the tires as well.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I use Toyo's Only...but they have changed their name to Track Fast Motorsports. I have used Phil's a few times in a pinch, but his shipping is killer.

Bryan Shackelford
    Track Fast Motorsport
    (602)252-3301 Shop
    (602)252-3319 Fax

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    the new trackside service people for TX are supposed to be a Toyo dealer (by now, or very soon from what they told me) so shop them as well.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    So has anyone ever run them as full treads? Just curious if it really makes that much of a difference? I'm sure it does if you are a trophy girl looking for an extra tenth? I'm just thinking that it may not be worth it to shave them and spend an extra 80 bucks to get half the life out of them?
    Any thoughts/experience.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    Chicane23 - updated:
    - $1051 shaved & shipped to me, including tax. JG said tax will be eliminated in a few months w/ a biz move. so looks to be very competitive
    Appalachian tire - $240 shaved/each + shipping. emailed. http://www.racetire.com/products/toyo_ra-1.htm
    - $10 shipping/tire. pretty good there.
    - 15-May availability to ship. Shaved upon order.
    - $1000 total
    Tommy S from CO- IM'ed
    Tiresdirect.com - listed on their web. cheap! but not shaved. see brians Q above. http://www.tiresdirect.net/TOYO_Prox...ZR17_P2266.cfm
    -$200 x 4 + shipping? unknown shave
    Trackfast (toyo only) - updated:
    - $215 + $20 shave + $18 freight to a biz. unknown if residential shipping cost is much diff.
    - $1012 total.
    Tirerack - Now carries Toyos!
    - $1016 shaved & shipped

waiting on prices & availability responses.
    Last edited by y5e06; 05-15-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: numbers update again

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    So has anyone ever run them as full treads? Just curious if it really makes that much of a difference? I'm sure it does if you are a trophy girl looking for an extra tenth? I'm just thinking that it may not be worth it to shave them and spend an extra 80 bucks to get half the life out of them?
    Any thoughts/experience.
    Yes, I've run full tread Toyos (once) and yes, it's a big difference. They felt like crap. Really squirmy and don't have much grip. I didn't do any serious testing but I would guess the difference at close to a full second. It's definitely more than a tenth or two...
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Looks like from my last TrackFast motorsports / Toyos Only invoice I was charged the following.

Tire: $215 each
    Shaving: $20 each
    Shipping: $18 each.

Looks like I might could save a little from Applachian next time.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Couple things to add.
    John Goerge is a fellow Tx AI racer. Good guy and I've have been very happy dealing w/ him.
    Fast Track suported CMC at Nats at Miller. Did a ton of dismounts and remounts for CMC tech - for free.
    Phil's also provided great trackside service at Mid Ohio.
    I would pick those who have given back to the sport. Fellow racers are top picks as well Tommy and JG fit hat bill.