Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyo Tire Links

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to shaving abilities being a non issue when the "RR" comes to our series. Have a wholesale account thru tire rack with my company. Heard some horror stories about shave jobs through TR.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
    IDK about Tire Rack's shaving abilities, but you can get 3% off if you go to TireRack.com from fatwallet.com. Requires a fatwallet account then about 60-90 days of waiting, then you can claim your rebate via PayPal or check. Amounts to about $30 for a set of RA-1s. Covers most of the shipping.

This is not any kind of scam. Fatwallet is a reputable deals site and I have personally gotten hundreds in cash back from various merchants over the years.

I'll give you 3% off and you don't have to wait 60-90 days...not too mention - when is the last time you saw Tire Rack or Fatwallet at the race track.....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Mike, a lot of people here use Phil's.....just a plug
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    I'll give you 3% off and you don't have to wait 60-90 days...not too mention - when is the last time you saw Tire Rack or Fatwallet at the race track.....
    I haven't seen you at the track in years (granted I've only done TX events not MA or SE but... )

Phil's gets my buisness for Hoosiers. TR for street tires sometimes only after trying to get local places to try and price-match.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Don't get your hopes up about the Toyo RR. A lot of us spec Miata guys have been testing them and numerous sets have started cracking in the middle of the tread after the 6-8th heat cycle! Not to many positives posted about it on the Mazda forum. Toyo needs to revamp their design and solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Don't get your hopes up about the Toyo RR. A lot of us spec Miata guys have been testing them and numerous sets have started cracking in the middle of the tread after the 6-8th heat cycle! Not to many positives posted about it on the Mazda forum. Toyo needs to revamp their design and solve this problem.
    This has been corrected.......see the Toyo consumer advisory. When the tire is mounted and rotated the proper way, there is absolutely no problem.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    That's good to know! By the way I just got my tires in from you. I like your shave a lot better than some of the other vendors I have used. THANKS!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Link to Toyo recomendation:
    http://www.nasaproracing.com/conting...unting_Rec.pdf

Color me not impressed. In order to maximize tire life, a tire will see time on all four corners of my car with a flip on the rim after each event or two. Limiting my options and trying to keep track of a small code on one sidewall sounds like a pain in the ass and a recipe for reduced tire life.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post

Color me not impressed. In order to maximize tire life, a tire will see time on all four corners of my car with a flip on the rim after each event or two. Limiting my options and trying to keep track of a small code on one sidewall sounds like a pain in the ass and a recipe for reduced tire life.

Richard P.
    And???? its SOP for Toyo

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post

Richard P.
    That was my reaction as well. What is Toyo doing differently from Hoosier, BFG, etc. in their seam formation? While this issue may be possible with another manufacturer, none of them seem to be getting much airplay about it. If you really have to jump through all these hoops with EVERY race tire out there, it's a pretty well kept secret around the paddock.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29