Thread: Harris Hill, HPDE/TT

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

Harris Hill, HPDE/TT

Just a wonderin' if any folks are planning to attend Harris Hill HPDE & TT in a couple weekends here in CenTex.
    I was originally planning to do at least a day to sort out some things. But as it turns out, #95 may need more attention than I can give it and I may be short on consumables anyway.
    I have leads on possibly driving other non-CMC cars but everything is still up in the air and depends on how much work I want to do.
    Anyone showing up?

added question: anyone instructing HPDE1/2? may have a few new people attending that need instruction.
    Last edited by y5e06; 06-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sean and I will be there. Hoping to get him through HPDE 1,2. I'd like to know who's instructing too
    Last edited by Rsmith350; 06-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Barry Anders is the cheif driving instructor and he attempts to pair you with an instructor most familiar with your car, but of course that depends on who is instructing for the weekend and how many of your type car is there.

He usually doesn't assign instructors until the week before the event and in some cases not until just a couple of days before. People are slow to sign up for instructing and for the event.

I probably won't be at the event, but Vaugn Duarte will be there representing the HPDE3 group.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    How do you get approved?? I'm approved with TDE, TWS/PDE and I believe I was once approved with PCA... If I need references, I may be out of luck...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We really need someone from our group out there! What rookies will be coming? Can we get a head count to see demand?
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27 View Post
    How do you get approved?? I'm approved with TDE, TWS/PDE and I believe I was once approved with PCA... If I need references, I may be out of luck...
    David... You need to contact Dave or Barry Anders if you want to be an instructor.

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

significant other

yeah, I may get my wife out there in Corey's spare miata for HPD1.
    I may drive a friends spec miata. I might not fit though.
    might get my neighbor out there in his '11 6spd SS camaro.
    one day only though, I have other stuff to work out.
    Dust Collector