Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NOLA in Nov

Senior Member Grass-Passer

NOLA in Nov

A few things I wanted to check on for the NOLA event in November....

Since the track has a kart track, who would be interested in something NASA specific? Inter-Class battles? Extra season points (JK)? See how many sessions until all of NASA is banned? Or should we just leave it as it's there, use it if you want?

Who's going?

Should we do a big Sat night party or just leave it mellow so people can feel free to go downtown?
    Dave Balingit
    NASA RM Regional Dir

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post

Since the track has a kart track, who would be interested in something NASA specific? Inter-Class battles? Extra season points (JK)? See how many sessions until all of NASA is banned? Or should we just leave it as it's there, use it if you want?

Who's going?

Should we do a big Sat night party or just leave it mellow so people can feel free to go downtown?
    I have considered it but would need to know five or six CMC cars were going to be there if I was going to drive that far.
    Any idea on that subject?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    521 miles for me. I don't know. That's a hard one.
    Hallett is 456 miles and if it was not Hallett it would not be worth it but at least NOLA is I-10 almost all the way. Googlemaps shows the trip time at 8:53.

JJ

Senior Member Rookie
    I plan on going. My better half is also slated to go but I'm sure she will want to spend most of her time in town.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Unless Micheal and Dan will skip the event too... I will be there. I booked my room yesterday. I don't want to drive that far, because it will cause me to take extra days of vacation...but I did put money into my budget for the year.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    Unless Micheal and Dan will skip the event too...
    Dan will be there...

I'm also planning on bringing my car for HPDE w/open passenger seat.

Richard P.

Michael, you gotta come too, we need to keep the battle going to the last corner of the last race of the season. There was talk at Nationals of some out of region interloping carpet baggers joining us. RE: Party, I kind of like Dave's shindigs. RE: points, Im still voting for allowing race points from 1 out of region event. That wont help TX racers but might convince some folks to travel from out of region and set the precedent for next year.

Dan Allford CMC#82

Senior Member Grass-Passer Casey_SS's Avatar
    I'm planning to go. I second the vote for Dave's shindig. The karting track sounds fun...AI vs. CMC anyone? Spectators could pay $5 to predict the number of "incidents" before we get kicked out and the drivers involved. Winner gets free track time, proceeds buy beer for the karting officials.
    2012 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #29

Quote Originally Posted by nasa-rm View Post

Who's going?

I am in!! My two boys and I have been going to MSR Houston running karts to get them ready for there Karts!

Quote Originally Posted by Casey_SS View Post
    I'm planning to go. I second the vote for Dave's shindig. The karting track sounds fun...AI vs. CMC anyone? Spectators could pay $5 to predict the number of "incidents" before we get kicked out and the drivers involved. Winner gets free track time, proceeds buy beer for the karting officials.
    Casey....AI ver CMC Bring it!