Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: TWS Details???

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by TEXAST1
    Yes, It was scarry while at speed trying to figure out where we was going to go. The right answer was strait off the track into NASCAR 1 banking. Well Done! :!:
    Yep -- good call. Michael! (But we all know he deals well wit sudden, unexpected failures at high speed! )

I've had blowouts at freeway speeds (70-ish,) and the car didn't do much at all, except start pulling to the side with the blowout a bit.

What did Michael's car do when the blowout occured? (I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect if I have a blowout -- not that I'm expecting one, mind you!)
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    He kept is failrly straight, he went straight instead of T1 down the hill.... any other part of the track might have been very different... He had plenty of time and track to shut it down.

You will have to ask him about anything else... I'm sure it was a crazy ride.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    It felt normal going down the straight and just at the start/finish line I felt the wheel shake a little so I let off the gas and gently got on the brake. About 1 second later it got much more exciting w/ extreme vibrations, loud noises, cheerleaders, marching bands, etc.
    I felt the car jerk to the right initially (only about 1-2 feet) and after that I just drove it past the T1 cones on the banking.
    I recovered my front fender extension after the practice session was over from the front straight. I know someone ran it over, I think JB. I need to get your autograph on the piece, it might be worth some $$ one of these days. :wink:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    About 1 second later it got much more exciting w/ extreme vibrations, loud noises, cheerleaders, marching bands, etc.
    I felt the car jerk...
    That's funny. :lol:
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...