Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TWS Details???

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Glad to hear everyone was all right after what must have been a wild ride. :shock:

He will probably want to change his slogan on the back of his next car. :cry:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I just talked with Todd, Wow… sounds like on the way home Jerry was in an accident with another car. The other car hit some water that was piled up next to a K-wall in a construction zone and hydroplaned, drove up the wall then bounced off Jerry… sounded like multiple times, Jerry stayed with it and the other driver proceeded to bounce around and hit the trailer as well. He said the other car had roof damage, Wow!

Todd stopped to assist and while helping a Spec Miata tow rig and trailer was in an accident in the same location. Again, from Todd… Someone was on the side of the road at the same location as Jerry’s accident he opened the driver door and either the SM’s tow rig or the trailer took out the door!!! Driver was okay. Crazy!

Jerry, Micah and the kids are at Todd’s house; Jerry’s truck is getting repaired. New control arm, ball joint, tie rod end and he should be on the road.

That is all I have… Todd said he might not get on the boards today as he will be busy with work and helping Jerry and Micah get back on the road.

What a weekend!
    DD

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    good news guys! glad everyone is o.k.

i drove like 50-65 all the way home. rain was kinda random and heavy. we left B/CS @ like 8:45 after eating dinner @ Chedders. got home @ 11:45.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I'm glad everyone was okay. When it rains.... it pours....

Luckily everyone has until October (unless you are going to nat's) to get it all back together!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

On a related note, how's the head JB? That was a very nasty gash!

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Glad to hear everyone is OK after the on and off track carnage! So where did #44 roll over? Turn 1?

And can someone post the unofficial results for AI and CMC please?
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Blog Entries
    between turn 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    between turn 3/4
    Wow, that surprises me. Was this a one car incident?

Blog Entries
    yes, 1 car. and he went off to the right. landed just yards from the ambulance.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    It was on the short straight between 3 and 4... went off to the right, before the nascar back straight... small ditch/culvert(or something) just off the track, it grabbed the left front and rolled the car 4 times. Front left dug in, rolled, right rear hit, rolled three more time, looked fairly gentle after the first two hits... them came to rest on the its wheels.

we have it on video from the stands... it is pretty much center frame in the video. I will post it tonight.

DD