Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Questions

I realize everyone got back late. So, I'll throw out a few questions that I have concerning this weekend ...

1) How did the safety broadcast work out?

2) How productive was the WnM meeting Saturday night?

3) What were "the track" issues that caused the schedule to get FUBARed?

4) Why all the carnage?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I am guessing this is the answer to question #3.
    http://www.aicmctexas.com/gallery/v/TWS+-+Rollover/
    What was your takeaway?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I had heard that things got rolling slow on Saturday before any track time had begun.

Just curious ...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    on 3) - Talking with Shannon there was a lot of problems with the track support crews. On Saturday the ambulance was 40 minutes late and when all the crews finally showed up they were slow to get to stations. We had a lot of tows this weekend and the tow truck driver is notoriously SLOW. Shannon seemed to be trying to adjust the schedule accordingly to keep everyone's track time to a maximum. It was a frustrating on our part, but I bet it was REALLY frustrating on her part.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    on 3) - Talking with Shannon there was a lot of problems with the track support crews. On Saturday the ambulance was 40 minutes late and when all the crews finally showed up they were slow to get to stations. We had a lot of tows this weekend and the tow truck driver is notoriously SLOW. Shannon seemed to be trying to adjust the schedule accordingly to keep everyone's track time to a maximum. It was a frustrating on our part, but I bet it was REALLY frustrating on her part.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

I didn't attend the WnM meeting. Would also like to hear if anything noteworthy was discussed/decided!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    NASA did a good job adjusting the schedule as things changed. i think there was 2 roll-overs sunday. Micah and a Formula Mazda. the corner workers were pissed about the late finish sat, and sunday there was trouble a brewing. those guys were not happy. not sure why, just what Jay told me. they did combine run groups as car count changed due to carnage of various types. they even asked us what type of start we wanted once group 8 and 5 were combined. i left happy.

no safety broadcast due to track issues.

meeting @ wings and more? Todd did a good job @ trying to difuse the situation. no one spoke their mind about things they were pissed about mostly due to time, but also there was a feeling of "beating a dead horse" that probably kept alot of mouths shut. you can pollish a turd, but its still a turd.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Heard she (the FM driver) broke a collar bone.
    This is all I know.

jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/..._TWS%20030.jpg

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/..._TWS%20032.jpg

The FM driver was not a she. His son was also racing in that group and his wife was watching from the grandstands. He was transported with shoulder pain, I haven't yet heard it if was broken or not. He never lost consciosnece (sp?) and was talking and joking around according to Jay.

I know the schedule sucked this weekend and I wanted to thank ya'll for being as understanding as possible and working with us to get things back on track, so to speak, as best we could. I apologize for the roll back driver...Glenn is right he is AWFULLY slow and doesn't really seem to care much about it. I've tried to talk to him about it but was met with so much animosity that I just threw my hands up. Sorry guys, I tried.

Thanks for some great racing this weekend! It was fun to watch!
    Adrian Carpenter
    NASA Texas
    www.nasatx.com

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    Heard she (the FM driver) broke a collar bone.
    This is all I know.

jb
    Glad we like to drive tin tops and not open wheelers! I'm sure they are not the only "grass roots" open wheel class to have this issue, but it seems to me that these FMs have all the speed and handling associated with contemporary open wheel racing, but few of the safety improvements that are now mandatory in any sort of pro open wheel series? (like a "safety cell", or high cockpit sides, etc.).

I've wanted to rent one of these for an hour from the folks at MSRC for ages just for grins and giggles, but I'm not sure it is worth the risk, even for a fun test session on a members day?
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing