Thread: Renewing racing license

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Renewing racing license

I usually get an e-mail about this time every year for license renewal but have not so far this year. I did receive a notice to renew my NASA membership but it does not run out until after this first race but I still have to have a 2013 racing license. I went to the NASA site and I see a link to renew a membership but nothing about the license.

Jerry
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 01-17-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    click my profile
    click view/renew license - its right below where it says "Your NASA Profile" in the middle of the screen.

easy to miss.

Or do you not have that on your screen? Email or call Dave Ho @ National Office...
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    click my profile
    click view/renew license - its right below where it says "Your NASA Profile" in the middle of the screen.

easy to miss.

Or do you not have that on your screen? Email or call Dave Ho @ National Office...
    Thanks Ken! Boy I say this every year but License fee, membership fee, race entry fee, tires, etc. and you can be out some big bucks before you even get to the track for the first event of the year. AT least this year I did not have to get a new medical. Next year will be worse since all my belts and nets are only good through this year.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Thanks Ken! Boy I say this every year but License fee, membership fee, race entry fee, tires, etc. and you can be out some big bucks before you even get to the track for the first event of the year. AT least this year I did not have to get a new medical. Next year will be worse since all my belts and nets are only good through this year.
    You're not doing it right. Al says those are sunk costs and aren't really coming out of your pocket... :-)

Richard P.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I feel your pain, but, it's less expensive than the other big racing club. I just dropped $80 on a membership plus $120 for a race license yesterday...
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I am glad you posted this... I forgot about it also. I got an email to renew my membership, and just forgot all about my license.

I just renewed it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Did you forget dyno costs?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Did you forget dyno costs?
    I thought you were covering mine this year. I paid yours last year if I remember correctly.

JJ