Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA Nationals - lets plan the trip and get this going.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

NASA Nationals - lets plan the trip and get this going.

first thing. whos going?
    Glenn
    Todd
    Nick
    Jerry/Micah
    Adam
    Jeff
    ????
    only CMC guys are going?????

what date do we leave on?
    i like saturday. i want plenty of time to get there, plenty of time to look over the car one last time while there, plenty of time to meet others from the other regions. there is a practice day (tues or wed?) that i would like to attend (like to). there should be no problem w/ us getting there on early monday.

what route do we take?
    i talked w/ some of the guys on one of the F-body boards and was told to go thru St. Louis. the rout thru Memphis is much more hilly and heavily traveled w/ big rigs. i'll look into this a little more. i have also asked those same guys if they would be willing to let me crash @ their place while in route. it would be a good idea to find out where those internet friends live and check to see if they would help out durring an on the road travel problem. get a list w/ thier address and phone numbers. if we travel in a group and we all have a list of local contacts in case of a problem (tow vehicle repairs) we should have the entire route covered.
    ** update - looks like the route thru Little Rock, Memphis, Nashville and up to Columbus is the shortest route. even for those comming from Houston, thats the shortest route vs going over to LA via Baton Rouge.

are we gonna be able to set-up our trailers and stuff together?
    the enclosed trailers would make a good place to hang and parking 2 or 3 in an "L" or "U" shape would help w/ shade ect. i have an enclosed, and Matt has one too. who else? i also have 2 12x12 canopies. we could easily spread these out and span them w/ tarps to increase the shade, or span the enclosed traliers w/ shade. we also need to consider picking up some plywood as a working surface while parked on the grass. floor jacks and jackstands are gonna be worthless on the ground.

cooking out?
    i will have to be eating on the cheep if i go. that means poptarts and sandwich's. items that can be purchased once there. who has a grill? gas would be best. we also need to pool assets w/ regards for coolers. having 7 coolers w/ all needing to be kept full of ice is gonna get $$ over a week period. i have a large double cooler, but if someone else has one, bring it, mines on o.k. shape.

tools?
    i think we all need to bring our normal collection of hand tools. but we dont need 5 air compressors (as long as we all are able to park together).
    Mitch's trailer has 2 Nitrogen bottles. plenty of grunt to run air tools and takes no volts to run it, so i'll check into getting some "air in a can". we will need light. my trailer has a floresent light in it and requires power. any drop lights will need power. so we will need a generator (i think) for this as i dont think we will have power provided.

i'll keep this post updated as things are changed and added so we dont have to read the whole thing to see where we stand.

input please.

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    Micah and I are leaving Wed 6 september. We are going I 59-65-71 through Birmingham, nashville, Bowling green, Louisville, Cincinatti, Columbus.

We are stopping at my friends house Wed pm in bowling green for the night.

I am working in Indy Friday through Sunday. Micah is registered for the Mid Ohio School Friday, so he will be at the track then. Still not sure what he is doing for the weekend.

Micah has a generator that he used during the hurricane.

I have a small fridge that I use in the garage, and for camping.

It looks like we will be bringing LOTS of spare parts, to include a 5.0 engine and trans.

I think we just ran out of room with that.

I am not sure if I am bringing my red car or even what I am driving.

I have alot of tools/equipment as I was a dealership mechanic for 15 years. send requests.

I have a small propane grill that uses screw on bottles like a blow torch, so I bring my torch stuff too.

we have my easy up, and Micahs dad has a 20x10 awning.

I have a small tent. just big enough for me. unless yall wanna snuggle he he

I think it may be a good idea if we set up a garage area by putting together all the awnings, and putting the plywood under it, and use it for whoever needs to lift car etc. the rest can park in the grass around the area-just a suggestion.

Any word on AICMC texas stickers, banners, etc. We should have our US Army Racing t-shirts by then.

Anyone want me to bring a cherry picker? Mine folds up kinda compact, and can strap it on a trailer.

I think I have a few large tarps left over from the hurricane.

Anything else?
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

I'm there. I'm not racing, but I will get to tell every AI/CMC racer there what to do and when to do it as a group once during the weekend...

Blog Entries
    you gonna be the starter?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    you gonna be the starter?
    For the championship race.

now accepting bribes

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I am teetering on the fence... going to do a lot of research into who is actually going this weekend. I am going to go look at the results from the races in each region and see if the fast or slow guys are going and then try to figure out who the competition is and what kind of car they got under them.

If it looks like a mid pack showing for AI#97....then I am out. Looking for top 5 or better to make it worth it. Anyone think I am up to that?! :?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Go kick some ass!

David D.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    2 ifs ...

IF I can figure out how to get from Indianapolis to Lexington on Thursday night

and

IF I can co-drive with someone on the way back to Texas

I'll be there to help Lewis.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    2 ifs ...

IF I can figure out how to get from Indianapolis to Lexington on Thursday night

and

IF I can co-drive with someone on the way back to Texas

I'll be there to help Lewis.
    Well the first "IF" has been taken care of.

An internet friend has offered to drive to indy and pick me up and then shuttle me to the track. He thinks I'm a 14 year old girl from a troubled home ... you guys just play along when we ge there ....

Need to work on the 2nd "IF" now ...

Blog Entries
    you know i'll get ya to @ least Ft. Worth. :wink: