Thread: Cracked K Member-my new excuse

Hybrid View

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Bring the car, get the k member from Dulaney, and we can get it replaced and running friday night. 3 hrs max.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    Bring the car, get the k member from Dulaney, and we can get it replaced and running friday night. 3 hrs max.
    That sounds doable but, wow. Lifting it up and hitting it with a welder sounds so much easier...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    That sounds doable but, wow. Lifting it up and hitting it with a welder sounds so much easier...

Richard P.
    We will help you any way we can BL.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I have thrown in the towel for having the race car this weekend. I will grace your presence on Friday and am glad to help with the Enduro, putting on brakes, or drinking your BL. Will leave sat evening. I'm bummed but glad I found it.

I agree with you Richard but when you don't have a welder, know how to weld, or have a trailer at your house - a 3 hour swap is less time/effort than taking it somewhere. I'll formulate a plan later to be ready for Hallett-the 55 can't touch me there.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Is the k-member all that's stopping you?
    I can help you out this evening. I can either drive to Justin to pick up my spare, or I can take your part to my house and weld it. Or, bring your car to my house in Euless and we'll weld it on the car. Or, if you have a 4-prong 220V dryer plug near your garage, I can bring my welder and do it there.

Or (last or), as Randy said, bring the car and we'll swap it at the track. Time to swap the part is less than the time to re-align the suspension.

If you want help, gimme a call/text. 817-271 -72eighty-eight
    Last edited by Dulaney; 04-18-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    I can help you out this evening. I can either drive to Justin to pick up my spare, or I can take your part to my house and weld it. Or, bring your car to my house in Euless and we'll weld it on the car. Or, if you have a 4-prong 220V dryer plug near your garage, I can bring my welder and do it there.

Or (last or), as Randy said, bring the car and we'll swap it at the track. Time to swap the part is less than the time to re-align the suspension.

Nice of you Jim but he is looking for a way to NOT run. You are screwing up his plan.

JJ

I think we all have that from time to time. We just need someone to kick us in the ass and get us back to work.
    Otherwise, we run the risk of taking a 4-year break, like DD.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Nice of you Jim but he is looking for a way to NOT run. You are screwing up his plan.
    It's OK if he doesn't want to run. It is fun that within this group, structual failure of your suspension mounts is considered a lame excuse... :-)

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post

Time and energy were what stopped me. Thanks for offering to help but looked like you had plenty to address on your car on Friday. Really appreciate your buddy picking up the k member and hauling it down. Then thanks to Glenn for bringing it back to weld up so I can just swap it out before Hallett. Can't wait to drive the car with a good alignment at Hallett!!

Awesome group of guys here!!
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Hey Brian... Thanks for the help pulling the waterpump on Saturday. Between, you, Jamie, Jerry, and I... we pulled it, cleaned the radiator, and put it all back in about 30 minutes.