Thread: F1 Tickets

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

F1 Tickets

Has anyone received their F1 tickets in the mail yet?
    I paid for mine the day they went on sale. its only two weeks out and i still haven't seen the paper.
    I believe I got my V8Super tix almost 4 weeks ahead of time.
    Dust Collector

Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    Has anyone received their F1 tickets in the mail yet?
    I paid for mine the day they went on sale. its only two weeks out and i still haven't seen the paper.
    I believe I got my V8Super tix almost 4 weeks ahead of time.
    I did not get mine last year until about 10 days out. Others I spoke to got theirs the week of the event. At the time I emailed COTA about a month out and got an email that said that in extreme case (it was their first event, sold out, yadda yadda) I might expect to get mine WILLCALL. That did not happen fortunately.

Ours have arrived and we have extras for sale at face value. General Admission. PM me if interested

My email inbox today:

The ticket(s) you ordered on March 21, 2013 for FORMULA 1 UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX have been printed! They will be shipped to you shortly via US Mail.
    Dust Collector

Today's Email:
    The new Park + Ride lots are located along FM 973 and FM 812, approximately three miles from the track. Patrons may park their vehicles in these lots and ride free shuttle buses to COTA each day (Nov. 15-17). Park + Ride passes are on sale HERE and cost $20 per vehicle for a three-day pass or $10 per vehicle if you buy each day individually (advance-purchase or at the lot).
    $20 for parking, but the shuttle ride is FREE!
    bastiches
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    Today's Email:
    The new Park + Ride lots are located along FM 973 and FM 812, approximately three miles and a 3 hr wait in line from the track. Patrons may park their vehicles in these lots and ride free shuttle buses to COTA each day (Nov. 15-17). Park + Ride passes are on sale HERE and cost $20 per vehicle for a three-day pass or $10 per vehicle if you buy each day individually (advance-purchase or at the lot).

$20 for parking, but the shuttle ride is FREE!
    bastiches
    fixed
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

COTA being taken to task this year for late tix..and what's up with having to pay for Park + Ride this year? Hope they don't f' away the good feelings from last year. http://www.statesman.com/weblogs/for...me-fans-angry/

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    paid last year for a parking lot pass to a lot that was far enough away to need a shuttle - that's not new.
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    paid last year for a parking lot pass to a lot that was far enough away to need a shuttle - that's not new.
    considering the TCounty Expo Center parking & shuttle was, yes it is (that went super smooth last year, by the way). this would the common man's parking. Can't get to the place w/o paying for parking. might as well just include it in the ticket price. not like anyone is going out there for anything other than the race.
    Dust Collector