Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 NASA Nationals Annouced

Senior Member Grass-Passer

2014 NASA Nationals Annouced

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2013/11...nships-to.html

East Coast Nats @ Road Atlanta Aug 29-31
    West Coast Nats @ Sonoma Nov 7-9
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    That is pretty interesting...but dual National Champions sounds a bit odd.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    That is pretty interesting...but dual National Champions sounds a bit odd.
    Crap... I penciled that in on the calendar; might need some Orange and 16s at Nationals.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Erhmagherd change! LOL!

I'm optimisitic that this will increase turnout, and that winning one or both will mean just as much as winning one when there was only one.
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Need to get Kyri and my brother-in-law to schedule time off in August - best laid plans of mice and race car drivers. That's a pretty long tow to Cali from anywhere in Texas (+6-7 hours longer than Miller?)

Houston - RAtl = 846mi, 12hr 4min
    Houston - Sonoma = 1945mi, 27hrs

Dallas - RAtl = 834mi, 11hr 59min
    Dallas - Sonoma = 1748mi, 25hrs

I'm spending what I'm going to save by not driving an additional 2200mi round trip on more sticker tires and beer and going to Road Atlanta. YMMV.
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 11-04-2013 at 01:16 PM. Reason: corrected round trip maths

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Once again central U.S people get shafted. Having two races kind of takes away the prestige of being a champion cause the better guys may only go to one event. They should have a national weekend for ONLY past champions! That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    Once again central U.S people get shafted. Having two races kind of takes away the prestige of being a champion cause the better guys may only go to one event. They should have a national weekend for ONLY past champions! That would be cool.
    Expecting that Texas folks could pick either Nat, while its not a King of the hill thing, having a Championship within a day's driving definitely makes it easier for folks from Texas to get a bite of the apple. And RA is on a lot of peoples lists of preferred tracks. Now we (royal "we" until I replace BFP) have TWO championships - the Summer Shootout and the East Coast Nats (uhmmm..yeh, that's is kinda weird). Please tell me that regional points allow you to pick which one you go to...if its Texas = West coast only then yeah that sucks the big one!
    Last edited by BlueFirePony; 11-04-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    First impression is this sounds weak...
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

I was kinda "dang half championship" at first until I read this (and agree with it)

Let’s be honest here, it’s hardly ever a national championship anyways. At this level few people can afford to take off a full week, tow 2000+ miles for a plastic trophy. Most times the only drivers that showed up were the ones closer to the track the championship was being held at. This was painfully obvious at this past national event where several classes didn't even run because no one showed up, and even the ones that did were painfully low on participation and missing most of the east coast drivers.

It would be different if this was a pro series.

2013 FFRC Brokeness
    2012 FFRC NASA-SE Champion
    2011 FFRC NASA-SE Champion
    MH-Motorsports
    the Race of Champions later on sounds really fun... put a bunch of class winners in MX5 Cup Cars and duke it out:
    http://www.nasaproracing.com/2013/11...mpions-ch.html

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    They should have a national weekend for ONLY past champions! That would be cool.
    Easy to say when you've already got yours.... and then there's the whole where do you hold it thing, etc, etc
    Last edited by kbrewmr2; 11-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.