Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RR's for 2014......

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The reason I am asking for this is for the reasons you said Aaron - NASA HQ didn't give us enough notice. Just over 2 months the season start and 4 months before allowing them on track in CMC is not enough still.

We have been through this before and were willing to share resources for those that run out.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Well if we have to run the old tire for the first two events then I will only buy one set of RA1's for Houston and cresson. But we will be running the RR after that as per NASA rules. I don't want to buy more RA1's then I have to.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 11-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    More bad news.......
    Best I can tell, RR's are faster and not available in 16".
    Excellent...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Thoughts?
    For Sale: One sligthly used, kinda straight 4th gen with plenty of 16 inch wheels.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have enough tire left to finish Houston........maybe. So if I purchase a set of RA1's I will only get one event out of them. I hate the way NASA treats us. I am a customer and this kind of shit would send me to a competitor if one existed. Just what my wore out chassis needs.....more grip. Does anyone remember what CMC was all about? Wanna bet we lose some guys from this? I know one front runner that told me he was thinking of parking his car for next year. I bet this seals the deal.

JJ

We have a set of 2 - 255/50R16 RA-1's shaved to 5/32nds that we will let go for a very good price...let us know soon!!

I'm sure Toyo has a big say in this. You have to remember NASA is a business and Toyo throws a lot of money at it and if they want to push a newer tire for advertisement to the public then everyone has to run it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Forgive my ignorance since I haven't researched this much, but do the RRs actually provide more mechanical grip? I thought the 100 treadwear rating on the RA1s were totally bogus, with the RR's 40 rating being closer to reality?

As far as the loss of 16" size debacle, no plans to produce the RR in 16s? Did anyone up there think to ask? At this point are we the only NASA class still running big 16s?

They are about a second faster than the ra1. Almost equal to the Hoosier R compound.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I always thought the treadwear rating use thread depth as a factor to assign its number.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    So....is RR mantory? I bet if there not, some of us would be instreaded in buying slightly used RA1's and running them for a while. Heck I am in the back anyway :-)