Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RR's for 2014......

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Forgive my ignorance since I haven't researched this much, but do the RRs actually provide more mechanical grip? I thought the 100 treadwear rating on the RA1s were totally bogus, with the RR's 40 rating being closer to reality?

As far as the loss of 16" size debacle, no plans to produce the RR in 16s? Did anyone up there think to ask? At this point are we the only NASA class still running big 16s?
    Comparing treadwear on commercial tires between manufacturers is not terribly useful for performance applications since the testing done does not at all resemble what you do with the tires on the racetrack. Treadwear is used by manufacturers to position their product line more for marketing than any objective measure. The intent was to be a more reliable measurement for consumers but once manufacturers were given the control over testing it's become less than useful. Consumers are mislead on this.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    So....is RR mantory? I bet if there not, some of us would be instreaded in buying slightly used RA1's and running them for a while. Heck I am in the back anyway
    Wait a minute, the last race I was at, you won. Or was that a Jedi trick?
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    So....is RR mantory? I bet if there not, some of us would be instreaded in buying slightly used RA1's and running them for a while. Heck I am in the back anyway :-)
    They are not manditory.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    Wow, well I'll be one of those to say that fucking sucks. Guess that's what I get for stocking up on 10 16" RA1's since that supply was drying up.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Sell what you don't need off to Sean and David!

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Forgive my ignorance since I haven't researched this much, but do the RRs actually provide more mechanical grip? I thought the 100 treadwear rating on the RA1s were totally bogus, with the RR's 40 rating being closer to reality?

As far as the loss of 16" size debacle, no plans to produce the RR in 16s? Did anyone up there think to ask? At this point are we the only NASA class still running big 16s?

the 255/50R16 will NOT be made. The 225/50R16 and the 245/45R16 will be made, but they are the last of all the new RR's to be available. We don't have a time frame, but I would guess mid to late 2014. Just a guess remember.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    This is is complete and utter BS. So now I will be stuck with a set of new 888's and new set of RA1's. The ole 28 may be parked for a long time or forever at this point.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    BTW.. I have a brand new set of RA1's 275/40/17 shaved 4/32nds... I would make a good deal on. I wasn't going to race the etnire season and probably not at all now.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    BTW.. I have a brand new set of RA1's 275/40/17 shaved 4/32nds... I would make a good deal on. I wasn't going to race the etnire season and probably not at all now.
    I kinda guessed that's would you would think (see my post above). I may have to buy some or all of your tires.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    This is is complete and utter BS. So now I will be stuck with a set of new 888's and new set of RA1's. The ole 28 may be parked for a long time or forever at this point.
    I'm gonna need shake down tires, I might be interested in your 888's
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"