Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RR's for 2014......

For those of us with a stack of Toyo bucks, I wish they had the tires available for purchase before making any kind of announcement. Depending on how the AI decision goes, I might have some used tires available. I also have a spare set of 17" wheels (not the enkei's that I run), with a set of 245's on them.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulaney View Post
    For those of us with a stack of Toyo bucks, I wish they had the tires available for purchase before making any kind of announcement. Depending on how the AI decision goes, I might have some used tires available. I also have a spare set of 17" wheels (not the enkei's that I run), with a set of 245's on them.
    No kidding.. are your Toyobucks going to expire before you can even buy new RR's?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    No kidding.. are your Toyobucks going to expire before you can even buy new RR's?
    I have $225.00 worth of Toyobucks. I doubt the RR's will be available before they are out of date.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    All tire sizes are maximums. Smaller is ok.

So how do we feel about pushing back the introduction here in Texas to the 4th event?

The fourth event is Hallett, which is a multi-region event.

The people with tires want to extend until they run out. The people without tires don't want to buy obsolete stuff. There is no good answer.

If Toyo doesn't extend Toyo Bucks until after tires are actually available, there will probably be a riot...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I haven't counted up my Toyo bucks, but between the late announcement and availability of 17" RRs after most of our bucks will expire, someone up there needs to grant us a Toyo bucks extension.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    My rep at tire rack said they will for sure be here next month before January. But you can't use Toyo bucks with them.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70 View Post
    All tire sizes are maximums. Smaller is ok.

So how do we feel about pushing back the introduction here in Texas to the 4th event?
    That gets my vote. But as Richard pointed out, I have virtually a brand new set of tires I need to burn through, and I likely won't make Cresson (baby due that weekend).

It is the same bad taste everyone got with the 888's. Some people are going to be out little $$, some will be out bigger $$. Any way you slice it, it all sucks!!
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 11-19-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    My rep at tire rack said they will for sure be here next month before January. But you can't use Toyo bucks with them.

You'd be buying them from the wrong place......not too mention paying toooooo much

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    If you can't use toyo bucks for RR's then what good are they?(maybe I missed something??)

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by philstireservice View Post
    You'd be buying them from the wrong place......not too mention paying toooooo much
    So you except toyo bucks on RR's?