Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MSR Houston - January - Time to sign up!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    is the motor spinning while it's in gear or is the clutch not holding? As for the fuel starve at half tank, are you certain it's starving or is it getting hot with dumps and no fuel to cool it. Remember, it's a returnless system so the fuel just gets hot and does not circulate to cool things off. I've seen several 99+ cars have fuel pump overheating issues with low fuel. Just food for thought.
    It is turning the engine. Clutch is not slipping......or at least it never slips while driving/racing.

The fuel issue just started last two races. Could be heat related. My dumps are not pointed at the ground as I was trying to get all the ground clearance I could so I have them pointing at the rear tires. Going to fix that prior to next rack.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Less than 2-weeks away and still no motor in the car, or even built for that matter. I think I'm going to run Marshalls old short block from his 2005 - 2011 years that has never been rebuilt, what fun!!! Going to finish sourcing a distributor, w/p, oil pump, gaskets, etc today and start putting everything together. I'll drop the motor in next week and at least won't have to worry about "breaking it in".
    See y'all soon!!
    Looks like my motor will be ready late this week, there's hope yet...

Registered and canopy reserved. There are 3 canopies left...

I finally signed up. That makes 14. I hope we actually have at least half of that by R1.
    Jim Dulaney
    AI 117

Weather- as of 1/10

Saturday- Low of 43* High of 60* and Sunny
    Sunday- Low of 48* High of 64* and Cloudy 20% chance rain

This WILL change I'm sure but at least it won't be wicked cold
    Adrian Carpenter
    NASA Texas
    www.nasatx.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Awesome AI car count!!

It won't help out car count for this event, but Dave Capps and Dave Irwin are coming back for Cresson. Both their 2005's have been reworked and are ready for the current ruleset.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Well the 24 has gone from probable to being placed on injured reserve. The 55 sent the white hat cowboy to see me and give me the flu so he could get some more podiums. Don't know why with all the cheating work done to the 55 it should be a serious trophy girl now. Thanks Michael-jury is still out on whether anyone else in the family gets it.
    Back to quarantine.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    15 AI cars, 2 SI, 10 CMC. SI (Corey) and CMC guys, get registered.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I can't make MSR Houston but would be interested in teaming up with someone for the 2014 season. The 3 car needs a lot of work and it will take a few months to be track ready. I already know the financial commitment to run for a whole season and I'm willing to fund 1/2 the cost of tires, brakes, oil changes and registration. I know this is short notice but I believe we just have to declare our intentions before the first grid.... give me a shout this week if interested 281 414 1738

Managed to drop the new motor in last night, no noise yet as a couple last minute items have yet to arrive. New exhaust almost complete, save the chiropractor the trouble of straightening you out and spend a couple days on the concrete; it's great. Some other bits and pieces left to do but the light at the end of the tunnel looks less like a train now....