Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyno MSRH 1-17-14

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dyno MSRH 1-17-14

It's that time of year again and I just talked to Jim at MSRH about doing some dyno work for us on the Friday prior to the race. He does not have anyone on a list yet but he ask that I make one of who wants get a dyno done and at roughly what time. I can't make it to the track before noon so I will take a later time. If you are interested I will need to know by 1-9-14. That is the day I will turn in the list. If you are not on the list you will not be sure to get in to make your pulls. He is going to work from our list first if there are too many (never been an issue in the past). I don't know about other race groups but I know he does a few other cars in other classes some years. I don't remember what he charged and I did not ask. Jim has been fair in the past with us paying around from $75.00 to $90.00 for three pulls. If you are going to need to tune your car please let me know so we can allow for more time. This is a way better deal (for me at least) than driving thirty miles and loading and unloading the car. Let me know if you want in.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Sounds great
    I am in!

Sean

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    I'm in for three pulls. Also sign Dan up for a longer session to figure out what size restrictor he needs for the new motor.

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to need to know a best guess what time you want to do your pulls. If it ends up only four or five of us it will not make much difference. I'm going to set my time about noon.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I will be there early Friday am
    3 pulls for me!
    I live in pearland so fit me in am and I will be there. Thanks for setting this up!
    Sean
    Last edited by Storm Trooper; 12-27-2013 at 11:24 AM.

My engine is still in pieces (small ones). I'll likely Dyno just before race weekend. Ross, can I tech late that week or at the track Friday?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yup, no sweat. Dave is sending me stickers and logbooks
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Jerry, I'll take around 11:00 if that is available. With the new motor I'll need b/w 3-6 pulls to get timing and fuel pressure in line.
    Thanks for helping set this up!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Jerry, I'll take around 11:00 if that is available. With the new motor I'll need b/w 3-6 pulls to get timing and fuel pressure in line.
    Thanks for helping set this up!!
    Consider it done.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Put me down for an afternoon spot (3:00?) for 3-6 pulls. I might want to try a different plate depending on the numbers or pull the plate and baseline the motor unrestricted. Is there a test/tune/happy hour? All I have heard is how expensive they are but I haven't raced at Houston in several years.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24