Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CMC BB posting - Nationals teardown

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar

CMC BB posting - Nationals teardown

sorry, I know I've left the great state of Texas, and shouldn't be using this board, but...

this CMC teardown crap at Nationals is really digging at me. i thought Adam's willingness to talk about the elephant on the table was admirable, and expected to see an equally admirable response.

instead, things went from "no teardown, this is CMC" to a locked thread on the CMC BB.

so, I posted my own thread, as follows:
    ------------

Sorry Tony and Ryan: all due respect, but you guys don't get it.

You throw a turd on the table like "no teardown, except for rockers..." and then lock the topic?

This is CMC. No teardowns. Period. Matt is absolutely correct: show us all the details, in advance, or put this teardown nonsense back where it belongs.

Normally the camel puts his nose under the flap. In this case, his other end is coming in first. But the result will be the same: no teardown leads to "just take of the head" which leads to God knows what.

-chris
    -----------------

will be interesting to see if the post lasts...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i took Tony's reply a little different than most seem to have taken it.
    i dont see them pulling a head unless alot of things leads them to believe that there is a reason they should. things like lots of TQ in places it shouldnt have it, if blows alot of displacement w/ the whistler..... something along those lines. the only reason to remove a head is to prove displacement.
    i also think that the term "no tear down" is more about they are not gonna pick 3 cars @ random each weekend and tear them down. or we cant put up $xxx and request a tear down on a particulare person. what Tony said was - if the results all point to you cheating and a head removal is required to prove it (or disprove) then that is what will happen before an official DQ is handed out.
    so if you guys have nothing to worry about, it will never get to the point of a head removal.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    i took Tony's reply a little different than most seem to have taken it.
    i dont see them pulling a head unless alot of things leads them to believe that there is a reason they should. things like lots of TQ in places it shouldnt have it, if blows alot of displacement w/ the whistler..... something along those lines. the only reason to remove a head is to prove displacement.
    i also think that the term "no tear down" is more about they are not gonna pick 3 cars @ random each weekend and tear them down. or we cant put up $xxx and request a tear down on a particulare person. what Tony said was - if the results all point to you cheating and a head removal is required to prove it (or disprove) then that is what will happen before an official DQ is handed out.
    so if you guys have nothing to worry about, it will never get to the point of a head removal.
    It's like I don't even know you any more ....

Blog Entries
    what, i cant be born again? :P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Miracles do happen, from time to time ...

Blog Entries
    dont make me start w/ the biblical swarms a such. i know where you live!
    ......oh wait, thats Santa Clause, sorry.

look jerry these two chicks are fighting again
    micah bishop TEAM WARHORSE CMC#44

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micah
    It is a never ending thing. Just go work with them a couple of days for proof. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    Quote Originally Posted by micah
    It is a never ending thing. Just go work with them a couple of days for proof. :lol:
    James, your life was in my hands, it can be there again one day. :wink:

Chris I see nothing wrong with Tony's post, if your not illegal you have nothing to worry about, just charge who ever is going to protset my motor enough to offset what gaskets and sealer are going to cost me. The motor that was in my car that I rolled will be in the car that Jerry is preping for nationals, it is strong but nothing in it is illegal. I don't see pulling the heads snowballing into anything more the online post that seem to get blown out of proportion on a regular basis.
    micah bishop TEAM WARHORSE CMC#44