Thread: Got/want Coolsuit? In here pls.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I built a system out of a 12 quart igloo cooler and $10 bilge pump off of amazon. A few brass fittings and clear line. Only "real" stuff was the shirt and the attachment fittings. I opted for the quick release versions.
    Yeah I was going to build a cooler based ....uhmmm ...cooler too... and the water pump. But then I decided to tackle the weight thing. It's funny that I was thinking of weight savings seeing how BFP is still so damn heavy, but once my brain gets tone it just goes.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    When ballast placement is restricted but coolshirt cooler placement isn't, and you need the weight anyway, it it's a big deal.

I'll call you when I'm building a sports racer and my fat ass can't make min weight though :lol:
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    When ballast placement is restricted but coolshirt cooler placement isn't, and you need the weight anyway, it it's a big deal.

I'll call you when I'm building a sports racer and my fat ass can't make min weight though
    Yeah I don't really see the weight savings being that big a deal in 2900 lb+ cars...the 30lbs weight loss I managed in the last 18 months is dwarfed by the 400lbs that BFP needs to lose.
    I'm mainly building this for Kyri and I but wanted to see if anyone was interested and needed to validate my understanding of the use case related to the water/ice.
    It'll very likely be a sub $100 cost to build (maybe a lot lower if I can get past a design issue).
    $200-$250 retail is a VAR friendly MSRP and I did not want the price point to be the exclusive focus.
    I am more about the added value.
    Not having to deal with the ice and water regardless of weight is a convenience and if the system costs less than the coolers out there why not?
    The comfort system will also include body temp sensors and will be able to accept a heart rate monitor to feed into our DAQ+ system so you can monitor driver as well as the car (including any thresholds/alarms you want to set).
    I am also designing in various environment sensors to monitor gas vapor, temp etc. in the cockpit
    It's great to know your tires and brakes are cool/hot but I think just as valuable to know how the driver is doing...objectively.
    Last edited by BlueFirePony; 02-19-2014 at 12:07 PM.